Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is there another software ??????

Fingers crossed for a DroneDeploy app compatible with the XSP....

I wish. I'm hoping Litchi will build an app and then publish it to DroneDeploy.

But I'm not holding my breath. :-(

I moderate on one of the Yuneec forums, not a big secret to some on here. My friend's handle on that forum is Tuna. He is a android programmer and was excepted from Autel to get the SDK and to develop software. He has made the UAV Tool Box for the Typhoon H and it is amazing what he has done. Talking to him last week he said Autel has not answered any of the emails he has sent them and he believes they are a company that is in trouble. He said he could rewrite their software to look like the Litchi software but until he gets some response from them he is not going forward. I think there are others out there thinking the same thing.

This is what he had to say

"
Autel have gone pretty quiet lately from my point of view. I'm registered as interested in their SDK, but haven't heard anything after the initial acknowledgement.
There's a lot I'd like to do here.. there are plenty of opportunities to improve on the tools that are available, and new stuff that could be added. But as a one man band with minimal revenue, I can't cover all the bases. Even delivering one product to a reasonable standard is ridiculously hard work."

A quick online chat with Autel and "Jason D" revealed nothing new, just that it's "coming soon."

This has me recalling another famously-forecasted event.....

Retravision_EndIsNigh_1993_BLOG-thumb-300x252-153559.jpg

Well, the Autel CEO left the company 2 months ago with no fanfare, and no news about it anywhere...and no mention of another taking his place, so this is not surprising.

Just finished an email conversation with Jason D at Autel. I got the same reply as Tamu1996 did (see above) so I wrote back expressing my concern that lack of info was because of a failing company. He wrote back with this reply "

"No worries, there should be some updates shortly, we are still here and aren't going away anytime soon."

For right now I am taking him at his word cause I am an optimist.

johnf

I discovered this over at the Google Play Store
What's New
Android V2.0.3.19
1. Added Offline Mission Planner feature (Users can create/edit/save waypoint mission when the aircraft is offline).
2. Added Find My X-Star feature (Displays the last 3 positioning points on the map view when the aircraft is disconnected).
3. Added Photo Sharing feature (Available for JPEGs and videos within 1080P).
4. Bug fixed and improved app performance.
Android V2.0.2.30
1. Added battery abnormal information for Google Analytics.
This would appear to the be the update everyone has been asking about.

johnf

If you where as beta tester for the APP this has been out for a while. They made an announcement on their facebook page that the Android V2.0.3.19 is officially released now.
I guess the Apple guys are still waiting.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials