Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is the X-Star Premium a suitable drone for aerial imagery/orthomosaic maps/GIS?

So I've made a decision to buy the Autel XSP and here's my reasoning why:

1. The XSP doesn't have restrictions on where you can fly it. Some of the work I'll be doing will be within 5 miles of (small) airports and this would be a HUGE problem if I got a DJI drone and their restrictions don't allow me to fly there. I need a drone that can fly in these areas (getting the proper permission and then flying it safely of course).
2. Better customer service and reviews: The XSP consistently ranks higher than other drones, especially DJI, in both quality and customer service. I can't have a drone that is going to be in firmware update he77 constantly.
3. Can change out camera: I'm considering at some point getting the FLIR Duo so having this as an option is a plus
4. I'm betting that pretty soon a major drone mapping service will have built and released an app that does autoflight mapping missions. Not guaranteed (and I can still fly it manually) so we'll see.

So are you able to use PrecisionMapper with your Autel? Looking at their support forum, it only supports DJI multi-rotors?

I can use the post processing features of making maps, not the flight line mapping of precision flight....though I did try for the heck of it....the app could not link up or find the autel.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d