Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

iPhone or iPad mini

eyeman56

Reaction score
Should I use my iPhone7 or iPad mini as my comptroller? If I buy a mini should I get WiFi only or cellular to use with the drone?
you can reply to [email protected]

I personally use I pad, screen larger, it’s a personal choice for sure, as for WiFi/cell again I don’t have cell as I usually won’t have service where I fly or very little. I just pre download my maps and off I go... sure others will chime in but it’s what’s right for you and your flying locations
Safe and happy flying

I personally use I pad, screen larger, it’s a personal choice for sure, as for WiFi/cell again I don’t have cell as I usually won’t have service where I fly or very little. I just pre download my maps and off I go... sure others will chime in but it’s what’s right for you and your flying locations
Safe and happy flying
Now I have to use an older android tablet to work with my XSP

Due to the issues with IOS 11.2 and the Starlink app, I have switched to an Android device. No telling when it will get resolved or that it won't happen again. Apple seems lost in the Forrest. That being said, prior to the OS change, I had the opportunity to fly both the iPhone and iPad Mini. The iPhone (6) is light but simply too small and not bright enough for my liking. The iPad worked great however it increased weight prompted me to use the neck lanyard.

As for the cell/wifi issue, I only have wifi on my android device and it seems to suit my needs per WRDAVIS57

I’ve tried so many... I finally did some research, found tech articles on tablet screen quality — and for the money, an iPad Air 2 has the best, brightest screen for the $$$. A 16gb WiFi only used on CL is cheap. That’s all I use, but the RC needs a lanyard even though it’s light for a 9.7”er. You can easily downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 and the StarLink App works perfectly...

Due to the issues with IOS 11.2 and the Starlink app, I have switched to an Android device. No telling when it will get resolved or that it won't happen again. Apple seems lost in the Forrest. That being said, prior to the OS change, I had the opportunity to fly both the iPhone and iPad Mini. The iPhone (6) is light but simply too small and not bright enough for my liking. The iPad worked great however it increased weight prompted me to use the neck lanyard.

As for the cell/wifi issue, I only have wifi on my android device and it seems to suit my needs per WRDAVIS57

do you know someone named Forrest, i recognize that mistake :)

Don't you also have to buy an external GPS unit for the iPad to get the complete package ???

Most iPads already have gps
Using gbs dose not require a sim/data but loading the images for maps and such dose

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58