Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

increase the range of the remote control

brossalam

Reaction score
hello group is there a system to increase the range of the remote control?

because at the end of the week I encountered a total loss of signals which resulted in an rth.

my evo 2 was 250m away. from my position, there were several trees between me and him.

thank you for your suggestions.

Yes there are basically 2 types:
Range extenders which extend the range by basically using a larger antenna style to send and receive the signal such as the 4Hawks system which I use and they work very well.
Then there are amplifiers which are powered to send the signal farther and stronger, such as the Alientech. Do a google search and check out YouTube for more detailed info.

Reactions: nil
Hi !!!!
do u now both antennas on v2 rc are 2.4\5.8 duplex ???
alientech duo amplifier boost right ant exit 5.8 and left ant exit 2.4 separately.

please! Explain me about in/out signal and MHz's!

Hi !!!!
do u now both antennas on v2 rc are 2.4\5.8 duplex ???
alientech duo amplifier boost right ant exit 5.8 and left ant exit 2.4 separately.

please! Explain me about in/out signal and MHz's!
I do not have one now but if I remember correctly Alientech booster contains a kind of signal separator to route it to correct antenna

Multiple trees between you and aircraft would seem to indicate you're flying BVLOS. There are reasons for VLOS being the general rule besides just bureaucratic rules, e.g laws of physics. Trees absorb microwave RF spectrum. Most all consumer drones are operating within these spectrum constraints. More directional antennas may not help with this, may sometimes worsen it wherever there's less opportunity for multipathing around such obstacles. One solution if you're legally operating in a BVLOS waiver environment would be the new Max 4T that can utilize 5G cell network, also can use 900 MHz if you're in a country where that's a legal band to use. (900 MHz is less susceptible to signal being absorbed by H20 present in vegetation)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE