Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Howdy from SE Texas

TAMU1996

Reaction score
New member and new XSP owner checking in.

I live out in Humble, less than 5 miles from IAH, so most of my area is Class B restricted (5NM radius/SFC to 10,000 ft.) and I'm having trouble finding places to fly near me.

I don't know (m)any property owners out in level 2 of the cake (where up to 2,000 ft. MSL is G) or in other unrestricted G space in NE Houston, so even getting a start to my new hobby is proving more difficult than I thought.

If any members know of legal parks or places to fly in the NE part of Harris County, please let me know.

Thanks.

--Ryan

Welcome! I'm not from TX, so I can't help with areas to fly. But you might want to think about getting your Part 107 certificate and then requesting a waiver that allows you to fly in "certain airspace".

Reactions: TAMU1996
Thanks, I've already passed the test and am just waiting on the FAA to process my application.

I'm not sure what sort of exemptions I may be able to get, being so close to an international hub like IAH, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I plan on using my XSP for commercial purposes, mainly real estate, so I'd like to seek a COW or letter of understanding allowing me to fly closer to the airport, but likely no higher than 150 ft., most flight below 100 ft, and no closer than 2.5 SM.

Thanks, again.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Reactions: TAMU1996

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials