Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to post 3+ gb sized videos

swings16

Reaction score
Once again i flew in my local NYC park...Packed with people of all shades/ages/Nationalities...90% of them playing soccer and the rest running or jogging around the track that takes up most of the area there...I was waiting,EXPECTING someone to break Balls...it did not happen ! A kid...7/8 years old on his bike approached me and was smiling broadly and asked me 10 questions in quick succession...he was Grinning and loving seeing me fly ..he asked another 10 questions..i tried my best to FLY and answer at the same time but brought it down to show him my EVO and to let him see it and touch it (i have an OLD Reliable Mavic pro but was flying the Evo)...I like to talk with people who enjoy what i am doing...i have found out recently that it is now ILLEGAL to fly in NYC parks...i had to wonderful pleasure of flying in the Adirondack mountains area of NY last week...HUGE never ending pristine forests and mountains and a huge cold + clear lake...i took many movies..nothing special..other than the Natural beauty which is so very special to ME living in wall to wall concrete world...What is the best way to post videos here ? each vid is 3 GB + in size...any suggestions ? THANKS ALL

Yup, what Ag said, and maybe consider a highlights edit to reduce the size/length for a public consumption version.

If it’s for your enjoyment, you can upload a long one on YT as “unlisted” instead of “public”. If you have an Apple TV, the screensavers are 4K slow-rolling scenery which is spellbinding. I’ve tried to copy them (hard) by making a few long ones over pretty terrain just for our household enjoyment. YT is free, Vemio is a great service, but it’s not free...

Yup, what Ag said, and maybe consider a highlights edit to reduce the size/length for a public consumption version.

If it’s for your enjoyment, you can upload a long one on YT as “unlisted” instead of “public”. If you have an Apple TV, the screensavers are 4K slow-rolling scenery which is spellbinding. I’ve tried to copy them (hard) by making a few long ones over pretty terrain just for our household enjoyment. YT is free, Vemio is a great service, but it’s not free...

I'm in the process of putting it on DROPBOX

Then sending a link to anyone interested

Wondering if the quality suffers...will find out

Thanks

I'm in the process of putting it on DROPBOX

Then sending a link to anyone interested

Wondering if the quality suffers...will find out

Thanks
With dropbox you stream at 720p, but if you download it, it will be in all 4K glory.

Reactions: G_G
But who wants to watch 30 minutes of someone else's home movies on a Saturday night ?
Thats why the 5 minute rule has been around for ever
Just saying

But who wants to watch 30 minutes of someone else's home movies on a Saturday night ?
Thats why the 5 minute rule has been around for ever
Just saying
LOL, yea, all but 1 of my loooooong videos are unlisted...and most of them bore me after awhile ;)

If we had guests and we wanted them to leave early, I used to pull out a box of selected out of focus, grainy and otherwise bad slides and sit them down to watch. Usually they’d be making their excuses after 5-10 minutes. Later tried it with similarly bad video (think outcuts and bloopers). Big mistake—they found them hilarious and wanted more (obviously I’d been too generous with the booze). Reckon drone outcuts could be a real party pooper. :)

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
If we had guests and we wanted them to leave early, I used to pull out a box of selected out of focus, grainy and otherwise bad slides and sit them down to watch. Usually they’d be making their excuses after 5-10 minutes. Later tried it with similarly bad video (think outcuts and bloopers). Big mistake—they found them hilarious and wanted more (obviously I’d been too generous with the booze). Reckon drone outcuts could be a real party pooper. :)
LOL Yea, I assembled a 3 min vid of all my crashes. Never thought it’d get more than a few views....wrong. I guess people like to watch others make mistakes? Maybe makes them feel better about theirs??
Ooooooooops

LOL, Hilo, looks like you went to a lot of expense to make that video. If that is an Xstar it don't bounce too good. Enjoyed. ;)
butch

LOL, Hilo, looks like you went to a lot of expense to make that video. If that is an Xstar it don't bounce too good. Enjoyed. ;)
butch
It survived ALL of them! Props? No. Two bad ones were caused by a compass problem, Autel fixed free. The rest, all me. Hawaii island is really windy, especially on the windward side of the island where I lived. Landing can be hard, so sometimes l did semi-controlled crashes into a pile of weeds!

Reactions: Marcle and Tufargon
It survived ALL of them! Props? No. Two bad ones were caused by a compass problem, Autel fixed free. The rest, all me. Hawaii island is really windy, especially on the windward side of the island where I lived. Landing can be hard, so sometimes l did semi-controlled crashes into a pile of weeds!
The XSP is a tough bird, I've had a couple tree kisses myself. I would post them for your enjoyment but I think they were still on the card of the one that flew away. I can't seem to find them on my computer. They were really early tests when I first got it.

The XSP is a tough bird, I've had a couple tree kisses myself. I would post them for your enjoyment but I think they were still on the card of the one that flew away. I can't seem to find them on my computer. They were really early tests when I first got it.
Yea, several of mine were early-on too. I wasn’t that good. The Autel website tips page said the #1 cause of accidents is overconfidence. They nailed it. You have 6 or so uneventful flights and think you got this down........WRONG!

Reactions: Marcle
That is why I get sweaty palms and don't like being talked to when I fly. I become over paranoid and make sure I have a huge margin of error when I fly.
So right. My worst self-inflicted crash was b/c some folks just wouldn’t stop talking to me. Very distracting. I took my eye away for a moment to politely get rid of them, and clipped the end of a small branch send my XSP onto the rocks in an area of pounding surf. They looked at me and walked away. I got it back, w/o the gimbal. I wanted to throw them over the cliff.....grrrrrrrrr

Reactions: Marcle and Ansia
I have hundreds of crashes under my belt.

My first crash, I lost my Phantom 4 Pro while testing photogrammetry for the first time. I miscalculated the height and when the drone stopped when it senses an obstacle, I switched to Atti, which pushed it against said obstacle and lost it in a forrest canopy.

My second crash was a Phantom 3 Standard that I borrowed from a friend. I was showing off by landing BVLOS on top of a pick up's bed. Once I landed, since I couldn't see it, I didn't notice the motors didn't stop. I turned off the controller and the drone took off on it's own against a hill.

My other 2352345136245426245 crashes were with my Tello while practicing ATTI flying inside my house.

I had one crash while shooting for a church turned B&B. They have a garden with lots of overhanging trees so I had a friend carry it through then the plan was to let it go at the other side and do a reveal through a tree of the building. I had it at idle until he was to let it go. It then shot up and back into a tree behind him instead of straight up like I was planning. Luckily, it was unscathed other than some leaf cutting. I know I did something wrong and the drone tried to compensate. In hindsight, I should've done that in ATTI mode. LOL

I’m actually going to buy one of these to practice flying indoors. Houses in AZ have really high ceilings. I have one big room with 19’ ceiling that’s 800 sq ft. We can’t afford to buy furniture for it anytime soon, if ever, so I’ll fly in it! ;)

Reactions: Marcle
I have a micro helicopter that I haven't really got too much time to mess with because I got a Syma quad to play with. No GPS, no gimbal, and a wrestling match to fly in any kind of wind. When I got the XSP, I'm like "Wow, this is how these things are supposed to work." Rock solid video from day 1. Fell in love with it after that and been pushing it's limits ever since. LOL

Reactions: Birddog0

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials