Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How to playback 4k

Palawan

Reaction score
My ancient laptop can't manage it, what do people use for playback? Can a tv box connected to a 4k tv work? I thought this would be a common question.

Your ancient laptop will never output at 4k, so there is no point in running a 4k video there. You can use a tablet and mirror it to the tv.

Your ancient laptop will never output at 4k, so there is no point in running a 4k video there. You can use a tablet and mirror it to the tv.
What about this ebay.com/itm/153212352079
Latest MXQ Pro 4K HDR Android 7.1.2 Nougat TV Box with KODI 18 1G/8G S905W US
It looks like the video could be put on a flash drive or a fast SD card and connect the box to a 4k tv or monitor. But I too often read more into a description than what's really there, so I come here for advice.
I always have someone go with me when I take the drone out, and all my friends have smart phones for Explorer.

Last edited:
I am not 100% sure, but 1Gb DDR3 in my opinion isn't enough to move a H.264 video. It says it's quad core, but it also won't indicate speed. It could be 1ghz throughout all 4 cores. I'd be wary.

ebay.com/itm/283509425562 is a version with 2GB DDR SDRAM, 16GB EMMC flash and S905W quad-core cortex-A53 2.0G frequency. Unfortunately I can't find any website for MXQ.

If you want to just play it to view it. Does the tv have an sd card slot? If so just take the mirco sd card and put it into an adapter and plug it into the tv. If not just transfer it to a fast usb stick and plug it into the tv.

I will try it. I don't have a 4k tv, but I'll take my MicroSD card, in an adapter, to the store and see what it does. Thank you. This might be simpler than what I imagined.

Oh you mentioned in the original post about a 4k tv. The new 4k tv's may not have an sd card slot but i'm sure they all have a usb slot so you'd just need a fast usb stick like a 3.0 and transfer the video to that and then plug it in. Guaranteed that will work. You still won't be able to edit it obviously.

Whats this about ? You threatened to burn down the building ? Man you’ve been all over the other social media sites saying things like this and want people to stand with you on this but this is not the way to go about things brother. You should handle it a smarter way just my opinion. Hope it all works out

Whats this about ? You threatened to burn down the building ? Man you’ve been all over the other social media sites saying things like this and want people to stand with you on this but this is not the way to go about things brother. You should handle it a smarter way just my opinion. Hope it all works out

I edited out the video link from your reply. He has been removed from the forum and if you come across anymore of his videos on here please report them so they can be removed also. That boy has some real problems for sure.

Reactions: G_G and Primo-215
I edited out the video link from your reply. He has been removed from the forum and if you come across anymore of his videos on here please report them so they can be removed also. That boy has some real problems for sure.

Cool! good job being on top of this and your correct he has issues.

If you don't even have a 4k capable TV or monitor don't even shoot in 4K. There is no need to burn up the memory. If you are later editing on a platform that can handle 4K and just want to add stabilization or add in zooms or pans then of course acquire your footage in 4K or 2K. It would be interesting to know how many people actually view their footage in true 4K. I'll bet there are very few. I certainly don't bother with it. I might at some point shoot in 4K for a specific project (haven't yet except just to see if it works) but not for just recording flights while playing around.

Yes a TV box " not sure if all" will playback the 4K even if your monitor is only 1080. it's only for viewing. TV boxes are a cheap way for folks who travel and want to dump and sort footage to hard drives. I use a mini keyboard and mouse. if the overnight accommodation doesn't have a HDMI screen I use a portable camera focus screen to view. or a mini pc. I have a chuwi and a ASAS barebone. Like this cheap and nasty = does the job Z8350 Procesador Mini PC - 4K MINI Desktop Computer - Fanless Support

also use a Ravepower filehub will let you view, dump, and sort footage in the field from cams to hard drives via your cellphone.

My ancient laptop can't manage it, what do people use for playback? Can a tv box connected to a 4k tv work? I thought this would be a common question.

Last edited:
If you don't even have a 4k capable TV or monitor don't even shoot in 4K. There is no need to burn up the memory. If you are later editing on a platform that can handle 4K and just want to add stabilization or add in zooms or pans then of course acquire your footage in 4K or 2K. It would be interesting to know how many people actually view their footage in true 4K. I'll bet there are very few. I certainly don't bother with it. I might at some point shoot in 4K for a specific project (haven't yet except just to see if it works) but not for just recording flights while playing around.
I have a 4K monitor and graphics card. The results are impressive. I also have a 4K TV, so sometime I'll try the USB thing.

Reactions: Palawan

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials