Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How does EVO ll focus work?

ssb73q

Reaction score
Hi, I know about adjusting focus with the EVO ll in the Explorer app, but how does focus in the EVO ll physically work? Does the lens of the camera actually move? If not, how does the mechanism of focus work in the EVO ll?

Regards,
Richard

Hi, I know about adjusting focus with the EVO ll in the Explorer app, but how does focus in the EVO ll physically work? Does the lens of the camera actually move? If not, how does the mechanism of focus work in the EVO ll?

Regards,
Richard

I would imagine that it focuses just like every other camera....one or more lens elements move closer or farther away from the sensor until the image is in focus. A more interesting question to me is what focusing system does the EVO II use; not that its important, but it is yet another camera specification which Autel has not documented as far as I know. I would imagine that it uses a Contrast Detect Auto Focus system (CDAF) but it could use Depth from Defocus (DFD).

With other cameras such as cinema cameras and handheld mirrorless cameras it is important to know what focusing system your camera uses because you will also be better prepared to deal with situations where the AF system breaks down; i.e. with CDAF you know that your subject must have sufficient lighting and contrast to achieve a focus lock which is important when you are shooting with a fast lens such as a 50mm F1.4 at F1.4 where your DOF could be less than an inch.

With drones due to the subject to camera distance typically being measured in hundreds of feet vs inches and the lens is a wide angle lens; most of the time the drone camera simply uses infinity focus. You can read far more about lenses than you probably care to in this article.

Reactions: Rubik3x and G_G

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy