Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How do you control bottom LED lights?

Len

Reaction score
I just got my EVO II Pro. Curious how to control bottom LED lights? I can't find option in the app. Also latest FW version says: "Enabled 1-2 second strobe function for bottom LED lights (latest version app is required) ". I have latest iOS version of Autel Explorer app, still can't see the option :(

I asked the same thing last night, in visual navigation scroll down to the bottom and you will see the bottom light option. It has 3 options off/open/auto. open turns it on solid. Hope someone knows the answer.

Reactions: Len
Must admit I’ve not seen the option for the strobe which is a great idea , hopefully someone or Autel can enlighten us

Me to. ?

Had a situation about a week ago where the bottom light would have been helpful while flying/filming along a treeline. I was controlling the EVOII from a good kilometre away in a late autumn, afternoon sun. It was a bit frustrating having to stop filming, simply to gain enough altitude in order to regain VOLS. Lights on would have reduced flying time, but then it was equally unproductive to do what I needed to regain visual control.

That very minor niggle aside, I have logged close to 6 hours flying time since delivery of my Rugged Bundle at the end of April, and I had to wait about a week until we moved out of full lock down before even managing my first meaningful flight. Enjoying every minute of the experience and loving being able to adapt the Crystalsky monitor to connect to the Autel monitor, using the mount I purchased for my (former) DJI Inspire I RC unit.

Knowing where the "light switch" is would add a little icing to the new cake!

Happy and safe flying ? ;) :cool:

Reactions: Greg
Same here, I’ve gone thru the menu and switched it to 1 sec strobe, and 2 second strobe and auto and it does nothing while sitting on the coffee table. But I’ve only done two flights and have focused on image and forgot to look at the undercarriage when in flight.
I agree it’s very hard to see in the sky at some angles.

loving being able to adapt the Crystalsky monitor to connect to the Autel monitor, using the mount I purchased for my (former) DJI Inspire I RC unit

Could you share the details of that mod in another thread for us please? Also an Inspire owner ?

gone thru the menu and switched it to 1 sec strobe, and 2 second strobe and auto and it does nothing while sitting on the coffee table

Has anyone used Strobon CREE leds in the past?

How would you say the brightness levels compare to the build in leds?

Same here, I’ve gone thru the menu and switched it to 1 sec strobe, and 2 second strobe and auto and it does nothing while sitting on the coffee table. But I’ve only done two flights and have focused on image and forgot to look at the undercarriage when in flight.
I agree it’s very hard to see in the sky at some angles.
Where do you switch the strobes in the menu? Thanks

Could you share the details of that mod in another thread for us please? Also an Inspire owner ?

Has anyone used Strobon CREE leds in the past?

How would you say the brightness levels compare to the build in leds?

Good aftermarket strobes are much brighter than the drones lights. I use the Arc2 strobes and find they help even in bright sun out to a 1/4 mile or so; at night they can be seen for miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
I spent a while yesterday playing with it and I can’t get it to flash 1sec or 2sec just off on or auto.but the leds don’t flash.

I spent a while yesterday playing with it and I can’t get it to flash 1sec or 2sec just off on or auto.but the leds don’t flash.
A week ago my app said off/on/auto. I have not turned on the controller for about a week, when I turned it on it had changed from off/on/auto to include 1 sec/2 sec. I wonder if this has anything to do with the android app?

Yeah, my iPhone app says it has the 1sec and 2 sec option, but nothing flashes. It’s either on or off, or auto.
unless it has to be above a certain height to activate the flashing option?

Mine flash ?‍♂️

The 2s rate is a bit slow, whereas the 1s makes it a bit easier to spot in the sky.

But I didn't pay any attention to how or when it started to flash though ?

Yeah mine is working also. I went for the two sec flash, and its pretty good.

Sad you can't use the FN key to do this.

Reactions: ww12

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy