Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How do I preload maps?

Brlowe

Reaction score
I'm using a Shield K1 with my XSP and I want to be able to preload maps for places I will be flying. I would like to store them on the SD card and just have a lot of them preloaded for my area and then if going to a new place I will preload that.

I just open Google maps via wifi at home on the Galaxy tab A & go to an area where I want to fly in Satellite mode. I then open Starlink in the Background and go to same area and the satellite map from Google maps is displayed. Shut off Tablet & when I get to Where I want to fly, open up Starlink & map imagery is there.

Reactions: Glazier
That is not a good answer as I may be going to more than 1 place or 1 of many places.

Ok a quick google search gave me the answer.
Not going into details you open google maps and search for the area you want. When it is displayed you tab on the name and select download. It will ask for a name and then save it. I downloaded 3 map sets and that will cover most of the Treasure valley area.
I then turned off wifi and started up google maps and I could search for streets and zoom in all I wanted. I then opened the Starlink app and the maps work great there too. You have to make sure you connect to wifi every now and then as the maps will delete after 30 days if not updated. Again my directions are not the best but just google it and you will find the answer. Now these maps are not a satellite view. There is some software to do that but I'm not sure how large those files end up and if it will even work. That is something for a later date.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
I had this problem to so I called customers service . He told me to open Star link app with a WiFi connection . Then locate the place I want to fly . Then he said to zoom in , now with your finger draw around the screen. This will save that map. However, if you pull up another map before using the saved map , then the saved map would be lost. So right after you save the map you need to shut down and travel to where you saved the map. When you get there start up everything as you normally do, and the map will be there in the app. Pain in the *** but that's the way he said you have to do it . Arrghh

Sounds like a very annoying way to do it.
So for those of us who have NOT tried this yet....
is it possible to download the maps (more than one) Onto my smart phone or usb stick and using bluetooth or other methods, upload them onto the tablet used for the XSP?
Is this possible to do?
I do not have any internet when I am flying so downloading maps once I find a spot is impossible

I just use my phone as a Hotspot and use 4G data from the cell tower, this seems to be the most fool proof.. WiFi on the tablet piggybacks off the phone Internet

never encounterd a no data situation yet... ( no cell service )

Reactions: Glazier
I just open Google maps via wifi at home on the Galaxy tab A & go to an area where I want to fly in Satellite mode. I then open Starlink in the Background and go to same area and the satellite map from Google maps is displayed. Shut off Tablet & when I get to Where I want to fly, open up Starlink & map imagery is there.
That's pretty much the way autel support told me to do it.

I had this problem to so I called customers service . He told me to open Star link app with a WiFi connection . Then locate the place I want to fly . Then he said to zoom in , now with your finger draw around the screen.

When I do this, it just moves the map area covered. There's no 'circle' around the map area. I KNOW I did this before (somehow) and found maps for where I was, but now my aging memory is failing me - ha. :(

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials