Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Holly Cr*p Batman

I already left a VM with Autel to ask where the flip button was located. I'm waiting for their response.

Ya someone had posted this a few months ago, pretty amazing flying but highly illegal LOL
Nice skills thats for sure.

Agustine that was really you piloting, wasn't it. You crazy bastard!! :)

I just told my wife this is why I wanted to get into HPV and she gave me a dirty look.

Ya someone had posted this a few months ago, pretty amazing flying but highly illegal LOL
Nice skills thats for sure.

Interesting question, what law or regulation is actually violated? If you assume part 107 with a spotter...
Maybe trespassing?

In the State that was done someone on here new where it was taken and said it is considered Critical Infrastructure in that State. More and more are being added that you really would have to do a very good search to see what is included these days.

UAS - Critical Infrastructure
Holy crap—the information here is kinda buried, but there’s so much. This needs to be presented in a more digestible format. Did you read this page, and all the pages linked to it? OMG
Critical Infrastructure Sectors

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Holy crap—the information here is kinda buried, but there’s so much. This needs to be presented in a more digestible format. Did you read this page, and all the pages linked to it? OMG
Critical Infrastructure Sectors

Some of these places are flyable. You just need to track down the right person to talk to. From a few guys that needed permission to do commercial work they found trying to track down the right people was the hard part and once you found them they would just shut the door on you.
Must be very frustrating when you try to do everything by the book.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Some of these places are flyable. You just need to track down the right person to talk to. From a few guys that needed permission to do commercial work they found trying to track down the right people was the hard part and once you found them they would just shut the door on you.
Must be very frustrating when you try to do everything by the book.
I can imagine this process being truly awful. Dealing with GOV folks can be a nightmare in the USA, surely elsewhere too. Guaranteed unionized jobs, (rarely attracting the best and brightest folks), little to no accountability —- they can ignore you all day long, (or until the next coffee break)...

One of my fellow moderators from a Yuneec forum has a lake that is looked after by the Army core of engineers. It used to be you could take off from public land and fly over the lake but now it is changed to no flying over no matter where you take off from.

One of my fellow moderators from a Yuneec forum has a lake that is looked after by the Army core of engineers. It used to be you could take off from public land and fly over the lake but now it is changed to no flying over no matter where you take off from.
WOW, how would the average bloke know this??

Ya this guy did work for the US Navy on there Drone projects before he retired. He has some pretty good stories to tell at least the ones he can share :)
He keeps up on a lot of the new laws just because he is that kind of guy. He was telling me about one of the Dams by him. One of the dams nearby that’s banned for drone flights has all the “critical infrastructure” at ground level next to a public highway, in plain sight. The dam itself is an earth filled structure that would require a lot of bang to damage.

In his conversations with the managing agency they agreed that drone photography could not be nearly as revealing as photos taken from cars right next to the equipment. A chain link fence is all the “security” provided if you don’t count a couple of security cameras. If anything was to happen help is close to an hour distant due to sparse law enforcement coverage.

His point being that “knee jerk” regulations due little or nothing to protect anyone but do instantly further restrict those that are law abiding. He said "we should not be too quick to give things up in the name of public safety as it does not take long to lose everything under the same guise."

His point being that “knee jerk” regulations due little or nothing to protect anyone but do instantly further restrict those that are law abiding. He said "we should not be too quick to give things up in the name of public safety as it does not take long to lose everything under the same guise."

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Reactions: SRJ_North East_CT
I honestly don't believe this was done with an Autel quad. I think it was done with one of those quick racing quads. I've seen many videos of off-road 'adventures' recorded with them, and this video smacks of it. Just sayin'.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen