Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hilo bay and the trash collector not collecting any trash at all.

James96720

Reaction score
The highly touted device that was supposed to clean up the great trash island is now trash in our bay. Also beautiful Coconut Island in the back.

Attachments

• MAX_0028.JPG
    MAX_0028.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • MAX_0026.JPG
    MAX_0026.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • MAX_0038.JPG
    MAX_0038.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 28
Nice, but I’d be careful in that area since it’s reasonably close to the end of the runway. Harbor pilots look for drones. You can see the runway in shot 3. I flew lower, and not as far toward hotel row, since tourist helicopters can fly in that area out of nowhere. Did you launch from the old parking lot just north Wainaku Executive Center? Off from Waikanu Rd, walking across the old bridge?

Last edited:
Nice, but I’d be careful in that area since it’s reasonably close to the end of the runway. Harbor pilots look for drones. You can see the runway in shot 3. I flew lower, and not as far toward hotel row, since tourist helicopters can fly in that area out of nowhere. Did you launch from the old parking lot just north Wainaku Executive Center,? Off from Waikanu Rd, walking across the old bridge?

I was about 100' pretty low and launched from wainaku area, I don't know if you know containers area.

I was about 100' pretty low and launched from wainaku area, I don't know if you know containers area.
Yea sure I do. I only commented b/c I had a harbor pilot spot my drone once, so I went to 33mph and zig-zagged back, lol. The area near the hotels is dicey since tourists have been nailed there, obviously not flying DJI...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth