Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hillbilly Hoodman

Hey TJ you can get a foam cardboard at dollar stores and walmart has it too...Comes in diferent colors but i always use black..I use a hot glue gun..you only need to cut through one side of this foam board then bend it to your specs....works awsome...
This is what you're talking about, right? Is it strong enough to make landing gear extensions?

Attachments

• Foam board.JPG
    Foam board.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This is what you're talking about, right? Is it strong enough to make landing gear extensions?
Ill post some pictures of some i have made in a bit,,,,:eek: by the way i use a hot glue gun to put togather....hope you can figure something out...its very cheap to make and works great

Last edited:
Ok got some pictures but remember you can make your hood to fit what you got..and also how its going to hold the Phone or Tablet or Laptop...so make yours like you need...im just sDSC00978.JPG DSC00976.JPG DSC00983.JPG DSC00984.JPG DSC00978.JPG DSC00976.JPG DSC00983.JPG DSC00984.JPG howing you what mine look like....

hummmm good question....i think if you play with it see what you can come up with ...Maybe! It would depend on your design ! I have found that useing hot glue and layering makes the foam board strong...so if you didnt get to carried away with a design, im thinking trail and error you would be able to make Landing Gear Ext...And it would be light too...let me know how that turns out ok...o_O
Was wondering though....why do you need a ext on the gear????

hummmm good question....i think if you play with it see what you can come up with ...Maybe! It would depend on your design ! I have found that useing hot glue and layering makes the foam board strong...so if you didnt get to carried away with a design, im thinking trail and error you would be able to make Landing Gear Ext...And it would be light too...let me know how that turns out ok...o_O
Was wondering though....why do you need a ext on the gear????
You know you can buy the 3D printed landing gear extensions that make the drone sit up higher to help keep the camera from touching the grass should you land in it, and also to add more stability to keep the drone from tipping over when landing on uneven surfaces. Just trying to make a DYI version.

Trying something different. Foamboard and bungie cords....for now, still have to make a way to get my hand inside. More tinkering to do.

Attachments

• IMAG1636[1].jpg
    IMAG1636[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1637[1].jpg
    IMAG1637[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1638[1].jpg
    IMAG1638[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1639[1].jpg
    IMAG1639[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Dang Dude...should be dark in that one...its a mile long.....ha well what ever works and your happy with i say is a winner,,

Only way to compete with Mr Sun. Actually, I think it's shorter than the one in the above video, and the genuine Hoodman.

Attachments

• hoodman.JPG
    hoodman.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
A different way to attach it. I'll see how it holds up.

Attachments

• IMAG1640[1].jpg
    IMAG1640[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMAG1642[1].jpg
    IMAG1642[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20170430_174936[1].jpg
    20170430_174936[1].jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
im getting ready to build one for my Autel Premium...i have others for my DJI ..Cell Phone, Tablet , and laptop...Ill send pictures when mine gets to the build...

I would say what ever makes you happy and works...Just want to be able to reach my cell phone screen without to much effort...

The Hoodman has an opening to access the screen. I'm going to make something like that on mine. Of course the ideal situation would be to have a screen so bright you wouldn't even need a hood.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller