Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Here is one for ya...

Flip

Reaction score
Website
flipmeisters.com
One of my farmer buddies was combining wheat the other day with his JD axial flow combine and ran over a crashed drone in the wheat field. Drone got sucked up in the grain table and the battery caught fire and set the combine on fire as well. Total loss, 250 grand and half the field burned too.

Local LE are looking for the owner and so is his insurance company. They knew it was a drone he sucked in because of the parts left in the field. Be careful where you fly. You never know what damage you can do

Reactions: drrags
One of my farmer buddies was combining wheat the other day with his JD axial flow combine and ran over a crashed drone in the wheat field. Drone got sucked up in the grain table and the battery caught fire and set the combine on fire as well. Total loss, 250 grand and half the field burned too.

Local LE are looking for the owner and so is his insurance company. They knew it was a drone he sucked in because of the parts left in the field. Be careful where you fly. You never know what damage you can do

Well you crash your drone in a forest and start a forest fire, you are responsible. Keep us informed how your friend makes out and if they catch the drone owner.

Combine is insured minus his deductible of course. Not sure if they will catch the pilot though.

if they do, I'll post it here.

Asked if there were any orange or black parts. he said no, grey parts.

Unless the (now destroyed drone) had any identifiable markings on it. Like a FAA registration number. The Owner will probably never be found!

If it's a crashed drone there is no way his insurance can go after the drone owner. Well, they can but they won't be able to do anything. He wasn't flying it and obviously it was lost. If I run over a nail on the road will I be able to sue the guy that accidently had it fall out of his truck? No. That's what insurance is for.

If it's a crashed drone there is no way his insurance can go after the drone owner. Well, they can but they won't be able to do anything. He wasn't flying it and obviously it was lost. If I run over a nail on the road will I be able to sue the guy that accidently had it fall out of his truck? No. That's what insurance is for.
You are Correct. THAT IS WHAT INSURANCE IS FOR! Insurance Companies don't like to pay out anything. And they will try to locate the owner, to NO AVAIL! And eventually the FARMER will get a new Combine!

Reactions: Tufargon
He actually has more than one... Don't know how it will play out actually. I do know local LE is involved and the State Fire Marshall too.

Like I said, least it wasn't orange.

I'm thinking a fly away because the wheat field he was in is about 400 acres and it was towards the middle.

Like a good farmer he did manage to pull away from the grain table before it got too bad.

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in84