Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Here is my ATTI flight in the mines in PA

Very cool. The thing that is hard is to understand the perspective in terms of the size of what we are seeing without context. People in the shot are the easiest way to do that in a large environment. Someone standing on the stair landing would be a good place - safety allowing - to set that perspective. The stairs help and the 55 gallon drums below also help, but nothing does it like a person. Great Job. I need to practice ATTI.

Thing is its a restricted zone while the crusher is running, plus the drone was very unpredictable so I didn't want anyone in the shot.

The number truck at the start give an idea of size, plus I ran the video while my key objective was for stills for my client.

Good Job! Flying over that "coal eating corkscrew" thingy would have given me a tight feeling in my stomach!
The Evo has a barometer, so it should not lose altitude even when flying in ATTI mode. What may have affected the drone a bit is when flying over the corkscrew, since it has moving ground and the VPS would get confused, but not cause it to lose altitude.

Flying 'indoors' makes me nervous. Last year I was recording inside a church, and I happen to be flying outdoors when a low-battery condition triggered RTH ...a warning I did not notice because I was eyeballing the drone. No harm done, but if I'd been indoors, the drone would have flown up into the ceiling.

I believe there are ways ways to suppress RTH, and it's on my list to learn about this before flying under anything (ceiling, overhead foliage, etc).

Ideas?

Flying 'indoors' makes me nervous. Last year I was recording inside a church, and I happen to be flying outdoors when a low-battery condition triggered RTH ...a warning I did not notice because I was eyeballing the drone. No harm done, but if I'd been indoors, the drone would have flown up into the ceiling.

I believe there are ways ways to suppress RTH, and it's on my list to learn about this before flying under anything (ceiling, overhead foliage, etc).

Ideas?
If you fly indoors, the drone will lose GPS signal, therefore will lose the Home Point location. On low battery, instead of doing RTH (due to lack of GPS) it will autoland in the spot where it is. Hitting the throttle up, will prevent the Evo from landing until it reaches 8% battery. At that point it will land no matter what.

How did you get it into atti mode?
There isn't an option to put it on ATTI. Either fly indoors or put aluminum foil on top of the drone. If you don't have much experience flying ATTI, I suggest you get a cheaper drone and practice there.

Reactions: Trox
If you fly indoors, the drone will lose GPS signal, therefore will lose the Home Point location. On low battery, instead of doing RTH (due to lack of GPS) it will autoland in the spot where it is. Hitting the throttle up, will prevent the Evo from landing until it reaches 8% battery. At that point it will land no matter what.

There isn't an option to put it on ATTI. Either fly indoors or put aluminum foil on top of the drone. If you don't have much experience flying ATTI, I suggest you get a cheaper drone and practice there.

That's good advise but I am very adept at flying LOS. I have been flying Phantoms and 100 mph FPV racing drones LOS. I guess my point is from all of the post here about Evos software taking over and doing strange things and low battery disasters that giving us a way to take control of our aircraft would be prudent. I also like to film without GPS from time to time. All of my Phantoms have had atti mode.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy