Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Help! Dynamic Tracking

Brpepi3198

Reaction score
I recently purchased the EVO, I've updated the firmware and everything is working except dynamic tracking; follow, parellel, and tripod. When I choose any of those the camera will lock onto a subject follow it with the camera but the drone will not move to continue the follow. Once the subject walks out of view a tgt lost error come up. I've tried multiple times and once after initiating a follow it it did a 360 degree rotation and lost the tgt it was locked onto. Anybody have any ideas?

Are you trying to have it track you going backward (the drone going backward)? It will not track if it has to go backward unless you enable it.
Is it possibly stopping because of the sun fooling the front sensors it into thinking there is an obstacle and it is stopping it?

Not sure if you are the same person or not, but I ran into a guy flying his Evo last night in Arizona that was having the same issue. I'd definitely give Autel a call and see what they say. Also, like someone else mentioned I know the sun can do weird things to the sensors at certain angles or times of the day. Hope you are able to get it figured out, I know most folks say that if the Evo has a weakness, the follow me programming is it, but I've personally barely used it.

Not sure if you are the same person or not, but I ran into a guy flying his Evo last night in Arizona that was having the same issue. I'd definitely give Autel a call and see what they say. Also, like someone else mentioned I know the sun can do weird things to the sensors at certain angles or times of the day. Hope you are able to get it figured out, I know most folks say that if the Evo has a weakness, the follow me programming is it, but I've personally barely used it.
Yup, that's me brotha...I did try it at night under parking lights still same issue...I'm calling today

Anybody have any ideas?

Well to state the obvious, did you hit the START button to engage the tracking? ;) You can draw your rectangle over your target on the screen and the camera (not the drone) will follow the target from a static hover position (like a tripod) until you engage the command. Then it will follow as the target changes the initial spacing between the drone and the subject. Sorry I had to ask as your profile indicates "fresh off the boat" and we all overlook the obvious sometimes. LOL Been there, done that!

From the manual in Dynamic Tracking:
When Obstacle Avoidance is enabled, EVO will avoid obstacles automatically during flight. When disabled, it will automatically hover when a nearby obstacle is detected.

Do you have any obstacles that are being "picked up" by the sensors in, around or near the subject at your starting location? Walls, trees, fences, buildings. The range on the forward sensors from my experience is about 45-50 feet. So the sensors can pick up potential threats quite a ways out. Have you tried tracking out in the middle of an open area?

I recently purchased the EVO, I've updated the firmware and everything is working except dynamic tracking; follow, parellel, and tripod. When I choose any of those the camera will lock onto a subject follow it with the camera but the drone will not move to continue the follow. Once the subject walks out of view a tgt lost error come up. I've tried multiple times and once after initiating a follow it it did a 360 degree rotation and lost the tgt it was locked onto. Anybody have any ideas?
If you could make a screen recording of the issue it would help us out a lot to figure out your problem. Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy