Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Pennsylvania

Ditch Dr

Reaction score
Long time amateur photographer, mostly landscape and wildlife. Looking forward to flying and shooting stills and videos.

PA has over 300 covered bridges which are very difficult to photograph from the road so using a drone should make for interesting shots.

I'm a little concerned that almost the entire state is a no fly zone according to AirMap.

Happy flying all...

Ditch Dr

I'm a little concerned that almost the entire state is a no fly zone according to AirMap

Welcome! Keep in mind you're probably seeing heliports and non-towered air fields on that map. I check both know before you fly and my verifly insurance app before flying. Anywhere in orange means you can still fly but yield to all other air traffic and be extra observant to avoid small aircraft and helicopters. Areas that are prohibited without waiver show up in red.

Welcome! Keep in mind you're probably seeing heliports and non-towered air fields on that map. I check both know before you fly and my verifly insurance app before flying. Anywhere in orange means you can still fly but yield to all other air traffic and be extra observant to avoid small aircraft and helicopters. Areas that are prohibited without waiver show up in red.

Thanks, it was the orange circles that I was seeing... I appreciate the clarification.

Interesting that only Valley Forge is red and the airport isn't?

Joe

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Autel quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

National parks are prohibited areas :/ so that explains the red.

Speaking of the airport's you can look them up on airnav, which might give you an idea why it's not prohibited and maybe some other useful info too :)
Just an FYI - National parks in the USA are not NFZ's, they only limit take offs & landings within it's boundaries.

There are a few aids out there, I like AirMap.io

Thanks, I wondered about flyovers.... I will be interested to see what the courts do above airspace rights for property owners. It's my impression that only the FAA owns/controls air space so you are not trespassing if you fly over private property?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I am no lawyer but I if you were at a decent height and not hovering over private property you should be fine. While it is a grey area, the general consensus is that a land owner owns as much airspace as they can make use of. So a taller structure would have the right to use more airspace higher up than say a one story structure. See, clear as mud. :D

Reactions: Ditch Dr
I am no lawyer but I if you were at a decent height and not hovering over private property you should be fine. While it is a grey area, the general consensus is that a land owner owns as much airspace as they can make use of. So a taller structure would have the right to use more airspace higher up than say a one story structure. See, clear as mud. :D

Check Out North Carolina's new draconian state laws.... The whole state is almost a NFZ... I have an aerial shoot in NC in the Spring...going to take their online test and try to get a permit... Will report back as I try to navigate their labyrinth of BS.
Barry

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials