Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

HDR Camera Settings

kccumm

Reaction score
How do you set the 8K camera to HDR mode I've been searching and have not come across it as well as AEB

Do y'all know what it's shooting when set to normal mode color with the HDR turned on?

I'm a little confused because I've not encountered this on my DJI Air 2s.
My experience with getting HDR footage is Galaxy Note 20 ultra shots hdr10+ when set to on in menu. I have complete control over the shutter speed and ISO etc in this mode.

On the DJI, I just set it to 10 bit h.265 HEVC format and record in the D-Log color space.

This seems more advanced (all around, I find this drone to be more advanced).

So if I'm recording h.265 on the Evo 2 pro and have "log" color space selected, then I do not need to push the "HDR" button?
I hope not because I want control over aperture and shutter when getting log footage to expand to HDR on DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.

What does pushing the HDR button so it's blue do exactly (besides eliminating the shutter and aperture manual modes)?

if I'm in h.265, color space normal, and push "HDR" what type of HDR is it recording? Dolby?
HDR10? HDR10+? HLG?

Admittedly, I've but skimmed the manual. I have however watched several tutorials and this just hasn't come up.

Obviously I will go through the manual when I'm done with my shoot today. Hopefully I find the information there and if not I look forward to hearing from you all and I will let you know what I discover should it happen before I chat with you more.

Yes. You have to push the blue button for HDR to activate. Once you do that, Auto is also activated unfortunately. I do not know much about HDR specifications and what the EVO II records since I never use it. I do know for 10bit on the EVO II you have to be in H265, LOG & 4k 30fps. Anything above 4k30 is 8bit.

Reactions: rcee
I'm getting 4k 60fps hdr10 hevc 10 bit.
Got it figured out.

Though I set the sharpness down to -2 and saturation to -1.
I'm not sure when or how, but I notice it keeps resetting the saturation to zero.

Any ideas how to prevent this?

I can be in flight and I set the settings every time I launch.. but now that I've seen it happen a couple times, I keep double checking it while I'm up recording and flying and every once in awhile it has reset itself.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain