Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hawk dive and attack my beloved EVO

helico

Reaction score
Pull Up....Quick....Get out of here....

Wow...that was close.....

Helico

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_26 Sep. 26 19.59.jpg
    ScreenHunter_26 Sep. 26 19.59.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: butch and Tufargon
You should have replicated that move Maverick did by cutting the throttle
and pulling up in to a high Alpha....that hawk would have overshot and
said "huh...WTH?" jk, nice capture

I think if the hawk wanted to hit you, the first thing you would have noticed was a tumbling view. The first approach is to send a message - to leave the area. ?

I think if the hawk wanted to hit you, the first thing you would have noticed was a tumbling view. The first approach is to send a message - to leave the area. ?
Correct about the "tumbling view"! My Mavic Pro got whacked once about a year ago - all I saw on the video was it tumbling then righting itself. Luckily, it only cracked one prop but I got it home safely. There are still talon marks on the battery & case.

Correct about the "tumbling view"! My Mavic Pro got whacked once about a year ago - all I saw on the video was it tumbling then righting itself. Luckily, it only cracked one prop but I got it home safely. There are still talon marks on the battery & case.
You were lucky with the recovery! ?

Hmmm, about the same chance as a goldfish jumping out of its tank and trying to bite your ankle... ;p
Actually a hawk attacked my drone, so I did what he did to me. I went after the hawk. He flew away and never looked back. My drone is the master of the skies.

I had a Bald Eagle with a 10 foot wing span dive at my EVO while i was landing. It sat in a tree and yelled at me for 5 minutes. My friend was calling me on the radio telling me that it was after my EVO. Very close call. In western Washington we have dozens of Bald eagles around all the time and have to abort flights every so often. Don't dare to go after them as they are a protected bird.

Happy flights

Reactions: PTBperegrine
I had a Bald Eagle with a 10 foot wing span dive at my EVO while i was landing. It sat in a tree and yelled at me for 5 minutes. My friend was calling me on the radio telling me that it was after my EVO. Very close call. In western Washington we have dozens of Bald eagles around all the time and have to abort flights every so often. Don't dare to go after them as they are a protected bird.

Happy flights
Not calling you a liar but that would be an abnormal bald eagle. They are 6-8 feet wing span. I know they don't look quite the same but it might have been a golden eagle in your area. We had plenty of both in Idaho where I lived and we have plenty of bald eagles here.
Either way i'm sure it was quite intense!

Reactions: PTBperegrine

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58