Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Have you bought an EVO?

What kind of drone have you bought? Choose all that apply.

• Autel Evo

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • DJI

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Parrot

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Yuneec

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Skydio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hubsan

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Gopro

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • None

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Autel X-Star

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

joshmentele

Reaction score
I am just curious to see how many Evo owners are out there on this forum. Amazon doesn't seem to be getting many sales on the EVO. Perhaps everyone is buying through the Autel website.

Reactions: goferfan
i own an evo,ill buy the 1 inch evo when it comes out.
wouldnt think of preferring a mavic instead

agreed
even the new mavic 2 is getting plagued with serious issues,so far buyers are brushing it off as a non issue but i think itll get worse
the mavic doesnt even have precision landing,several complain it lands several feet off landing.not good

I just bought an EVO today was first flights what can I say :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Sweet! I love my EVO and will never look back. I made the right decision and I now enjoy all the benefits of the Autel experience and it will only get better as Autel upgrades the firmware. Other than maybe a 1" sensor model, I have my drone for the immediate and foreseeable future.

i think Autel found their footing with the Evo.
i find myself trying to find issues but come up empty
of course i do need to show my other birds some tlc,lot of money just laying around.

Reactions: jcommstudios
It is interesting that on an Autel forum you ask what drones people have purchased yet neglect to list the Autel X-Star.

It is interesting that on an Autel forum you ask what drones people have purchased yet neglect to list the Autel X-Star.
I wanted to see the popularity of the Evo compared to the other drones out there, but I will add the X-star to the list.

Captain drone has a great video on camera comparison betw evo and m2 on YouTube

As expected Evo blew it out of the park !

Reactions: goferfan
Captain drone has a great video on camera comparison betw evo and m2 on YouTube

As expected Evo blew it out of the park !
I wouldn't say it blew it out of the park, but it did seem to have a little better dynamic range. Low light is definitely better on the m2p. However, for the money, Evo is as good as it gets. When the 1 inch sensor comes out, it will really kill the mavic.

Reactions: Gfd1182
I have a few Typhoon H's, but wanted to get into a smaller form factor. I love parts of the H, but the thing is so darn big and the range is a little lacking.

I got a steal on a Spark (300 for new fly more bundle) so I got that. I liked the little bird, but it was lacking. When the Evo was announced I thought "this really looks like what I want", but it wasn't released, wasn't released, no release date, etc...

Finally I broke down and got an Air. It was def. a step up from the Spark, but the range still kind of sucked and I got magnetic interference and calibration issues a lot. Additionally the flight time from take off until touchdown was around 14 minutes, which sucks. Still it was my go to small drone.

When the Evo finally got released I watched the review videos and I liked what I saw, but did I want to drop another grand on another drone?

About a week later I broke down and got the Evo. I gotta admit I love it. There are some issues that still need to be worked out, but I love the range and it flies better than the other two small drones I have.

The things I wish they would work out (besides the known issues with firmware) are 1. I wish they would have props available. Being my favorite bird I know that I am a small crash (or even a tipover) away from being grounded since there aren't props available. 2. I wish they would sell an official accessory for tablets. I'm using a 6 inch phone, but I'm used to using a tablet and I miss the extra real estate. Given the way the controller is setup the solutions currently available make the weight distribution odd. I don't know if there is a great way to fix this. 3. More special flight modes. A pano mode at least. The thing I do like about the air is the special flight modes. 4. Make it so the customizable buttons on the controller are actually customizable. Add option(s) to waypoints. Other waypoint systems allow it to follow the path, stop at each waypoint, set camera angles as part of waypoint, take pics or video at certain locations, etc. I'd love to see these added.

Hi all. I swear I'm not a troll or fanboy of any brand, really, I swear. That said, I'm very curious to know if all the people that say the EVO blows the Mavic or Mavic 2 out of the water actually own and use both. I've owned eight DJI products, and just recently bought the EVO and the ANAFI. All of these products have many advantages and disadvantages, but one thing I can say without any hesitation whatsoever; the DJI products have by far (very far) the best build quality. I received the Mavic 2 Zoom a few days ago and there's truly no comparison. I've also never ever had any gimbal issues with the DJI products. The EVO has had some serious issues, although I just upgraded to the BETA firmware today and most of the issues now seem to be gone; I'm very happy!! There are three things I love about the EVO that can't be had on the Mavics right now: no NFZ, built-in screen, 4k 60 fps

Reactions: skimcoat
I am just curious to see how many Evo owners are out there on this forum. Amazon doesn't seem to be getting many sales on the EVO. Perhaps everyone is buying through the Autel website.
I bought mine through Amazon but from Autel. The rugged bundle. I have, and fly, a few larger drones and the EVO is sweet! Flys great and the video is excellent from a 1/2.3 sensor. Autel has a winner with this drone!

Reactions: Normex and skimcoat

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout