Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal Roll issues

Martyc6

Reaction score
Good day to all,
I am having a Gimbal issue, when I yaw Right the Gimbal rolls to the left, some times when I let off it settles sometimes not. and sometimes when I yaw left it flattens out, other times the gimbal rolls right.
I have completed Gimbal calibrations many times along with IMU and Compass.
Also one other thing when I fly forward the Aircraft starts to drift to the right and i have to correct the flight path.

Any help would be appreciated!

@Blade Strike and @advexure
Below is my issue, this was happening before the latest Firmware up date, I tried to do a "Gimbal Automatic Calibration" still the same issue. as well as Adjusted the Gimbal Pitch EXP Sensitivity knowing it would have no change with the Roll issue I'm having. I did a Compass and IMU Calibration with no change.
Below is a link to 2 videos, one is a screen recording and the other is the Video from the SD card.
Gimbal issue videos
1636214429309.png

You really need to make sure when doing the imu that the craft is cold on a LEVEL surface. Next would be a solid compass calibration, followed by a reboot and then a gimbal calibration
. If the gimbal is tilted on the ground that is a mechanical issue and can be fixed with the roll offset.

Even then gimbals do drift from time to time. Not one is perfect. To expect zero drift , would not be a reasonable expectation.

@Blade Strike I took it out today, and did a cold IMU cal along with a good compass cal.
It looked like it was good, but I was flying it and not 100% looking at the controller

My next try will be on a table that I make sure is perfectly level and calibrating and flying off of it.

Thanks for replying

Good day to all,
I am having a Gimbal issue, when I yaw Right the Gimbal rolls to the left, some times when I let off it settles sometimes not. and sometimes when I yaw left it flattens out, other times the gimbal rolls right.
Also one other thing when I fly forward the Aircraft starts to drift to the right and i have to correct the flight path.

Below is my issue, this was happening before the latest Firmware up date, I tried to do a "Gimbal Automatic Calibration" still the same issue. as well as Adjusted the Gimbal Pitch EXP Sensitivity knowing it would have no change with the Roll issue I'm having. I did a Compass and IMU Calibration with no change.
Below is a link to 2 videos, one is a screen recording and the other is the Video from the SD card.
Gimbal issue videos
1636214429309.png

I have never owned a single drone since 2014 that did not have this issue; all it takes is a strong crosswind or a quick pan and the horizon will be unlevel. Also, after a quick drone movement, a lot of times if you just let the drone hover for a second it will slowly straighten the horizon. In fact, even my handheld gimbals have this problem from time to time.

I know it can be annoying to deal with, but it is very easy to fix in post, you simply need to rotate the image if it is photography, or keyframe the rotation combined with a slight zoom if it is video.

Also, I did not see the little radar map in your app display, you may want to enable that, by tapping the map until it turns into a radar map looking icon. That map will show you how much crosswind the drone is fighting while it is in the air. Just because there is no wind at ground level does not mean it is not fighting a crosswind once it is in the air and a strong enough crosswind will affect the horizon.

I have had this issue regardless of whether or not I calibrate the gimbal. Almost every shoot I have to fix the angle in post. Out of the 8 different drones I have had previously, this one (autel evo 2 pro 6k v2) is the only one I have had this trouble on.

Reactions: Martyc6
I have had this issue regardless of whether or not I calibrate the gimbal. Almost every shoot I have to fix the angle in post. Out of the 8 different drones I have had previously, this one (autel evo 2 pro 6k v2) is the only one I have had this trouble on.
I have to test further; I still need to get it back up and fly after a cold IMU and Compass Cal.
I had to correct the horizon and did have some Forward drifting.
I too have at times 3 to four different Drones, and none of them have had this issue un less in VERY heavy winds which I shouldn't have been flying in.

Here is a video from this past weekend, I fixed the horizon a bit, but I'm still learning Premiere Pro.

Lockport, NY Lower Canal

Hope to get it up this week, but the weather may have different ideas for me.

thanks for the input!

Reactions: Shain Rufus
Good day to all,

Gimbal issue videos
1636214429309.png
Hi- I had a similar problem with my V1 evo 2 pro. Calibrating the gimbal didn't work for me, either, so I contacted Autel and sent them some screen recordings of the horizon tilt. After trying a couple of fixes, I went ahead and sent it in. They did a factory gimbal calibration, and it fixed the problem completely. It was under warranty, so the repair was free, but the repair invoice was for $120.00. Since you have a V2, it should still be under warranty. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Martyc6
Hi- I had a similar problem with my V1 evo 2 pro. Calibrating the gimbal didn't work for me, either, so I contacted Autel and sent them some screen recordings of the horizon tilt. After trying a couple of fixes, I went ahead and sent it in. They did a factory gimbal calibration, and it fixed the problem completely. It was under warranty, so the repair was free, but the repair invoice was for $120.00. Since you have a V2, it should still be under warranty. Hope this helps!
I'll have to give a go again, but yesterday Recal everything with same results! I'm sure I'll be sending it in for a once over and Factory Recal.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy