Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal not ready

FlyingHigh_soln

Reaction score
Its ok to recieve this msg every time I turn on the drone? Its stays for just a couple of seconds. I did all the calibrations before 1 st use and havnt notice anything wrong. Today is my first day with this drone.

Congrats on your new Evo 2! It is normal for a gimbal not ready notice to pop up for a few seconds after start up as the drone does its self check. If it persist past start up, then do an auto gimbal calibration. Also make sure you have updated to the latest firmware. There are videos on YouTube from Autel's YouTube home page that show you how. Also remember when you do a firmware upgrade, if you have multiple batteries you must upgrade each individual battery. So if you have three batteries you will have to upgrade the firmware three times with each new battery in the Drone.
Hope that helps.

Yes! It really does and thanks for the response. I intent to use it for commercial works but im getting locensed first. Just unboxed the drone and studying every little aspect. Thanks again!

Mine gives me this warning every time I fire it up. For just a couple seconds. I pay no attention to it.

There has been some discussion here about firmware updates. I am due one. I have no problems currently and will not do a firmware update.

.12 firmware specifically was released to sort this issue out but I still witness it. Not as much as I did before but it's still present. Powering on the drone before the RC is what I've been doing and that gives the time for the drone to finalize startup and self calibrations. Not an issue though. Before every flight, make sure to swipe from the very left of the Explorer app window to the right to verify that all systems are a go which should be part of a pre-flight check if you're doing commercial work. You'll see the gimbal status there as well.

Happy flying!

Yes! It really does and thanks for the response. I intent to use it for commercial works but im getting locensed first. Just unboxed the drone and studying every little aspect. Thanks again!
See you in a year or so's time then... good luck with that once you get a licence.. Cheers

Reactions: FlyingHigh_soln
This has happened since I first flew it. Never had this issue with my Mavik. I do notice that the camera/pictures seems unstable. I hope it isn't broken I take my test next Saturday and already have some work lined up.

My gimbal suddenly stopped working properly and feels like no power when trying to push slowly by hand. Obviously, I get the error message "Gimbal motor close, will work again after restarting the aircraft". When trying to calibrate the gimbal, nothing is moving and the result is "Failed to calibrate the gimbal". I am the latest update for V1. Any advice?

My gimbal suddenly stopped working properly and feels like no power when trying to push slowly by hand. Obviously, I get the error message "Gimbal motor close, will work again after restarting the aircraft". When trying to calibrate the gimbal, nothing is moving and the result is "Failed to calibrate the gimbal". I am the latest update for V1. Any advice?
I would pull off the cover, like your doing a gimbal swap, and confirm the ribbon connector is solid, you shouldn't need to detach the gimbal itself. With the body color slotted cover off behind the gimbal, press the connector to be sure it's solid. You could try a power up with the cover off, and if it's still dead, pop the cable connector off, gently with a plastic pry tool. Then reconnect it. Watch a YouTube video on changing out the gimbal assembly beforehand. Good luck with it. If your still under warranty that gives you further options.

I would pull off the cover, like your doing a gimbal swap, and confirm the ribbon connector is solid, you shouldn't need to detach the gimbal itself. With the body color slotted cover off behind the gimbal, press the connector to be sure it's solid. You could try a power up with the cover off, and if it's still dead, pop the cable connector off, gently with a plastic pry tool. Then reconnect it. Watch a YouTube video on changing out the gimbal assembly beforehand. Good luck with it. If your still under warranty that gives you further options.
Thanks for the reply!

The thing is that the gimbal works at the startup trying to do the usual calibration. So the gimbal has power but the movement is totally wrong. Even though the movement is not right (not straight, not doing a complete turn) the drone can "see" that the calibration failed and put the gimbal into limp mode (no power), probably to avoid damaging the gimbal motors. The camera is just fine and works as it should. So I am guessing the gimbal needs more like calibration (factory calibration) since the motors are still functional. Is like the motors "forgot" the start and end of each axis. I am waiting for a set of small screw drivers to be delivered and will open to check. I hope is a hardware and not a software issue. I looked online for gimbal parts but without success. Having problems with the gimbal on Autel drones seems like a great challenge if you can't rely on a warranty.

Thanks for the reply!

The thing is that the gimbal works at the startup trying to do the usual calibration. So the gimbal has power but the movement is totally wrong. Even though the movement is not right (not straight, not doing a complete turn) the drone can "see" that the calibration failed and put the gimbal into limp mode (no power), probably to avoid damaging the gimbal motors. The camera is just fine and works as it should. So I am guessing the gimbal needs more like calibration (factory calibration) since the motors are still functional. Is like the motors "forgot" the start and end of each axis. I am waiting for a set of small screw drivers to be delivered and will open to check. I hope is a hardware and not a software issue. I looked online for gimbal parts but without success. Having problems with the gimbal on Autel drones seems like a great challenge if you can't rely on a warranty.
Try to write the firmware again with a BIN on microSD.

Have you fixed this problem?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58