Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Freedom

loyukfai

Reaction score
Sorry to say my Nano+ decided freedom was the way to go and flew away yesterday.

She was hovering, then suddenly advanced without input and refused to come back on my command. To secure her freedom, she covered her eyes so I had no idea where she went.

Then, she had a change of heart and decided not to leave me behind. However, by then she (her battery) was almost exhausted. She beamed a short footage before landing, but her last breath was short, and despite my best efforts, she couldn't be found.

Farewell.

Last edited:
Agreed (great writing!). Seems like nearly every drone forum has stories of a drone taking off on it's own and not responding to controls. Seems very random. It's never happened to me despite flying a GoPro Karma, Parrot Anafi, Autel Evo, Autel Evo II, Skydio, and (now) Nano+ -- but I DO believe that it happens!

Drones are complex beasts with a lot of sensors, radios, internal connectors, etc so one of those things going wrong is likely responsible. Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: AirStag
I ALWAYS set Distance Limits for any drone. As long as GPS is cooking, even with wind pushing it away from the marker the drone will work hard to stay at the distance limit setting from the operator.

I ALWAYS set Distance Limits for any drone. As long as GPS is cooking, even with wind pushing it away from the marker the drone will work hard to stay at the distance limit setting from the operator.
I wasn't sure if that was the case, but good to know!
When a drone flies away I assumed it is caused either by an incorrect home point, or a compass malfunction.
I wonder if anyone has experienced a fly away caused by bad GPS...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo