Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Found this, Hand launch the EvO

Flipping the UAV over to stop the motors is a very common way of doing it. Problem it shows up as a crash in the logs. This method of hand launching will not help the guys out that need to launch off a boat and can't because of wave action. Maybe bring the tree stump along for the ride :)

• Haha
Reactions: mixchief
Flipping the UAV over to stop the motors is a very common way of doing it.Problem it shows up as a crash in the logs. This method of hand launching will not help the guys out that need to launch off a boat and can't because of wave action. Maybe bring the tree stump along for the ride :)
Yeah but when your flipping that drone over your messing with the horizontal stabilization and that is how you mess up your gimbal. The Evo's horizontal gimbal motor is built into the camera and ti can only move so far to keep it level and when you take your EVoO and flip it, that poor little motor is getting put through some stress. Dont you agree?

Before criticizing learn read and see the description of the video on youtube and you can understand the meaning. What it show is far from being stupid as some people think, but show EVO's ability but unfortunately removed by the updates . And the ability to take off the drone by hand was very interesting, especially taking off from a boat or in tall grass, sand and rocky ground.
It is a forum to share and advance comments. So a little serious instead mocking people .Do not say anything or think positive.

I think some people have nothing to do in this forum

Reactions: Franlac
Before criticizing learn read and see the description of the video on youtube and you can understand the meaning. What it show is far from being stupid as some people think, but show EVO's ability but unfortunately removed by the updates . And the ability to take off the drone by hand was very interesting, especially taking off from a boat or in tall grass, sand and rocky ground.
It is a forum to share and advance comments. So a little serious instead mocking people .Do not say anything or think positive.

Putting a naked hand ON TOP of a drone with props running is potentially dangerous. No two ways about it.

Reactions: MD Automation

The drone had the props running before he grabbed it. You can’t turn on the motors on a boat, so in the end you won’t be able to hand launch.

The drone had the props running before he grabbed it. You can’t turn on the motors on a boat, so in the end you won’t be able to hand launch.
that's exactly what, is explain it could be done before I took off the EVO for 1 month aboard a boat and there was no problem but after the update it became impossible. the question is why did AUTEL do that

Reactions: Franlac
that's exactly what, is explain it could be done before I took off the EVO for 1 month aboard a boat and there was no problem but after the update it became impossible. the question is why did AUTEL do that
Don't quote me on this, but supposely Autel is working on adding Boat mode for boat launching in a future firmware.

For information it is write on the description of the video youtube :

Manual launching technique of the Evo drone is impossible because the new update requires the stabilization of the drone and in addition the action is triggered by lowering the 2 controllers at the same time, therefore impossible to do it directly in a hand. I discovered this accidentally during a takeoffs aboard a boat so I wanted to move it to reposition it, and so he wanted to take off alone.unfortunately nobody took a movie of this scene

I made taking off Evo on a sailboat for a month without update it was a old version this version allowed the engine start on the deck at sea. Also I had in the control settings "transmission of image "or could choose the 3 frequencies 900 MHz 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz I regret that autel has somehow bridled the drone! It's like buying a Porsche and after reviewing it in the Porsche Service Center, then you are informed that there are only one gear ...

So 2 remarks to Autel Robotic, why have removed these options?

1st to start engines with a single button

2nd allow unstable boot again without having "gimbal not ready"

today I regret having made these updates and I am very sad because I can not do it anymore from a boat.

if anyone knows a method to restore the factory firmware ?

Merci
it's my friend a sailor and your explain is very correct !!
Thank you ..

Reactions: Wayne Maine
Bonjour a tous
je vous demande de lire complétement, la description faites sur la vidéoYoutube de mon ami, et vous comprendrez pourquoi il a trouvé cette façon de décoller depuis le pont d'un bateau ..
Mais depuis les derniéres mise a jour, le décollage depuis un Bateau est impossible ..

Hello everyone
I ask you to read completely, the description made on the video youtube, of my friend, and you will understand why he found this way to take off from the deck of a boat ..
But since the last update, take off from a boat is impossible ..

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly