Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flight photos

David McVey

Reaction score
I have flown several flights with Evo 2, all the photos are getting stored to the SD card. When uploading flight to AIRDATA there are no photos. I open Explorer app and there is the flight record but no associated photos.

I have flown several flights with Evo 2, all the photos are getting stored to the SD card. When uploading flight to AIRDATA there are no photos. I open Explorer app and there is the flight record but no associated photos.

I don't know anything about Airdata, but it seems to me like they are a platform to analyze the flight logs and errors; not where you store images, have you used Airdata with other drones and the images were included? I guess I am not sure why you would expect the images to be there as well.

Can you not just download the images from the SD card to your computer, post process them, and use them for whatever was your original intent?

According to this chart, DJI GO allows for the upload of up to 4 low res images and Litchi could upload up to 10, no other platform is listed as being supported. Based on their verbiage, it seems like they are hinting that the photos that are uploaded still aren't necessarily the ones that were taken by the user and instead were photos that were saved in the log files and you still wouldn't have any control over them. Personally, I don't see the point whatsoever of a service like this, but that's just me.

Last edited:
In Airdata, it will bring over photos of the flight from GO4 and DJI. If I open Autel Explorer app there are no photo associated to the flight, there is a "0" next to the photo count in Explorer, so the app looks like it should be retaining photos.

What happened is we did a project and like normal, used a SD card and downloaded photos to common drive, one building's set of photos is now missing several months later. I was attempting to use the flight record to recover them. The SD card has been overwritten and formatted several times.

In Airdata, it will bring over photos of the flight from GO4 and DJI. If I open Autel Explorer app there are no photo associated to the flight, there is a "0" next to the photo count in Explorer, so the app looks like it should be retaining photos.

What happened is we did a project and like normal, used a SD card and downloaded photos to common drive, one building's set of photos is now missing several months later. I was attempting to use the flight record to recover them. The SD card has been overwritten and formatted several times.

According to the Airdata site they don't support photos from Autel. That's unfortunate about the photos; and within the Explorer app its very hit or miss if it saves anything. It will only save the footage if it is left on long enough after taking it to download to the app and if there is enough bandwidth available at the time to download it. Since I am only in the air for a few minutes for most projects, I rarely have anything in the Explorer app.

If its a Windows PC you could try the recycle bin, if you have File History turned on you could check there too. I always use File History for my first set of backups, all you need is a second hard drive and to turn it on. I then make a 3rd backup once the project is complete. This is usually on top of two copies already.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials