Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First Power up

timd14

Reaction score
My E2P finally arrived and have been working through the app and setting things up. When I powered up without props in my office and throttled up and then tried to throttle down (I'm used to my P4P) it wasn't responding. I then tried to stop the motors and my gimbal was rotating 90 degrees to the right or left if I moved the sticks out and down. I would then get a gimbal error. Is this normal? I did notice that if I held the left stick down for a few seconds it would eventually throttle down and then I could stop the motors. I'm new with this platform and will be learning here.

1st Congrats on your new E2P! Welcome! So no that is not normal. I don't know what's happening there. Never heard of this yet. I do have a suggestion on the update process though. I only update with a SD card and NEVER use the over the air method. To many errors and the like. Also remember the batteries have firmware also, so if you have multiple batteries you will have to do the update process multiple times. It won't effect the drone , just each different battery. Here is a link to some videos, including the SD card method. After the updates, be sure to do all your calibrations before flying. Hope these help.

1st Congrats on your new E2P! Welcome! So no that is not normal. I don't know what's happening there. Never heard of this yet. I do have a suggestion on the update process though. I only update with a SD card and NEVER use the over the air method. To many errors and the like. Also remember the batteries have firmware also, so if you have multiple batteries you will have to do the update process multiple times. It won't effect the drone , just each different battery. Here is a link to some videos, including the SD card method. After the updates, be sure to do all your calibrations before flying. Hope these help.

Thank you for this information! Would you suggest I roll back the firmware if this is even possible or reinstall it using the SD card method?

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
I powered up without props in my office
take it outside, REMOTE ONLY, no cables tabs phone apps etc. (leave props off) does the remote sync? does it show GPS bars on both? does it say READY TO FLY?

take it outside, REMOTE ONLY, no cables tabs phone apps etc. (leave props off) does the remote sync? does it show GPS bars on both? does it say READY TO FLY?
Remote connects and I get a READY to Go on screen. What is weird is if I motor up and then power up (left stick ) up I can not stop the motors as when I pull the sticks down and in the motors do not shut down and the gimbal with rotate 90 degrees left. Really don't want to put props on it and fly if there is an issue.

I reinstalled the firmware using the SD card method, IMU, Compass and Gimbal calibration and it still response the same. It's strange how when I YAW the gimbal rotates as opposed to a change in the sound of the motors.

DON'T spool up motors, read the manual and do a gimbal calibration from the remote, does it pass?

S0 I just took it out for a low level flight and all seems fine. The issue I was experiencing inside was a different behavior than my experiences with my P4's when arming the motors and working through the stick movements why the motors are running. I do have a call into Autel and will run the scenario by them.

If your office has metal, then it mucks up the compass, the GPS link. you might ask them how to test/operate inside, never powered up inside so can't help there

So, you turn the Evo2 on. It powers up and the gimbal does it's calibration movements. Then you turn the motors on (by pushing the sticks down and in). Then you push the left stick up making the motors go faster, but when you let go of the stick the motors don't slow down? Even when you push the stick all the way down they still don't slow down or stop? The motors should turn off when you simply push the left stick all the way down. I've never pushed my sticks down and out to shut the drone off. Never had your issue. Why the gimbal moves, I don't know. If you can start the motors (by pushing both sticks down and in), but they won't turn off when you push the left stick down, send it back for replacement.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg