Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First flight the good, the bad, the ugly

mjbok

Reaction score
The good
It flies like a dream
I love the controller
Range is far better than the air. I got weak video signal messages but video never dropped
It seems like you can take pictures while recording video which is huge for me
It's quiet
Flew for almost 20 minutes and had lots of battery left

The bad
I'm used to using a tablet and even a big phone isn't big enough
Obstacle avoidance might be too good. I was getting a warning at like 40 feet
This might just be a me thing, but the video wouldn't play back on my TV at 60fps. On my PC it did, but it stuttered a ton. Downconverted to 1080p it appeared fine (if not level). Will try this again at 30fps.

The ugly
The horizon fix doesn't fix it. It eventually levels out, but it is obviously not right (see picture)

Bonus ugly: I bought it off ebay and it was supposed to come with a hard case, but came with a tiny bag.

Attachments

• horizon.JPG
    horizon.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: KentA
I can confirm you can take pictures while shooting video by using the shoulder buttons. The picture will be the size of the video (4K in my case)

Reactions: KentA
The stuttering video might be due to a slow computer. WHile watching, check your CPU and memory and see if they're maxed out while running. Not sure about the TV thing though.

The stuttering video might be due to a slow computer. WHile watching, check your CPU and memory and see if they're maxed out while running. Not sure about the TV thing though.
The Tv plays mp4s from my air without a problem.

The 4K is certainly an issue with the hardware you're playing back on..my late 2009 iMac stutters like crazy with 4K...my 2018 iPad and iPhone 7 plays them like a champ... so i'm intending on just using Luma Fusion on my iPad for creating/editing. I have the Evo for 4 days so far, my only complaint: I applied for Explorer on the day I opened it and never received my access code for Test Flight! off subject, but not entirely! :) Enjoy!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm