Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware questions

That is normal practice for beta software.
@Luinil I'm new to UAVs so was just a little surprised by the 'beta contract' and who carries all the responsibilities for a failure. For beta software that just runs on a hardware device, this practice isn't probably a huge issue. If there is a failure, reboot and move on. However, when testing involves a $1,000 piece of hardware that could be destroyed, plus liability issues if it falls out of the sky, I would personally be much more reluctant to participate in beta testing knowing that the developer of the software felt no responsibility if the software failed and was the cause for a crash or physical injury.

On the positive side, Autel was very transparent in the contract so this issue should not be a surprise to anyone participating in the Beta Program. As for me, I'll opt out of helping Autel test their product.

Reactions: alekaras and YuKay
@Luinil I'm new to UAVs so was just a little surprised by the 'beta contract' and who carries all the responsibilities for a failure. For beta software that just runs on a hardware device, this practice isn't probably a huge issue. If there is a failure, reboot and move on. However, when testing involves a $1,000 piece of hardware that could be destroyed, plus liability issues if it falls out of the sky, I would personally be much more reluctant to participate in beta testing knowing that the developer of the software felt no responsibility if the software failed and was the cause for a crash or physical injury.

On the positive side, Autel was very transparent in the contract so this issue should not be a surprise to anyone participating in the Beta Program. As for me, I'll opt out of helping Autel test their product.

Yeah, kind of a sweet deal for Autel! I’ve been a beta tester for other drone apps and it was kind of the same deal. I did sign up for this beta version as well. Maybe I need to think things through better!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman