Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware 2.5.11 gimbal issue

Jouk

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm new on autel robotics drones. Recently, I buy a Evo 2 Pro, I test it and it runs well. However, when a few days ago the new update came out and I installed it, drone shows a warning "Gimbal not ready, do not fly". I try calibrate gimbal, IMU and compass, but it not working. Also, I try dowgrade to previous version and update drone again with micro sd and I calibrate again, but message returns. I downgrade to version 2.5.0 temporaly and message not appears.

Is there any way to fix it? Is a normal message? Drone can have any problem?

Thanks in advance. :)

I was getting the same error on 2.5 and hardly any now on 2.5.11. So the exact opposite of you.

Eventually the messages will stop popping up. In Explorer you can swipe from the left of the screen to the right to pull up a status window. I have never seen or had issues when the Gimbal Status shows Normal.

@Jouk how long are you waiting when you start up your Evo? I find these messages are there initially, even after updated firmware to the most recent, but only for maybe 30 seconds or so, then they stop appearing once the drone is ready to take off.

The gimble message started after the latest firmware update for me, I think all it is, is due to the new gimble self calibration takes a bit longer to do and sometimes doesn't quite complete before the ready to fly check is initiated, as long as the ready to fly pull out status window shows gimble normal you are fine, I've not had any problems with it and the message pops up often.

@Jouk how long are you waiting when you start up your Evo? I find these messages are there initially, even after updated firmware to the most recent, but only for maybe 30 seconds or so, then they stop appearing once the drone is ready to take off.
Message appears every 10 - 15 seconds, sometimes it takes longer sometimes it takes less.

• Sad
Reactions: Alex of Oz
The gimble message started after the latest firmware update for me, I think all it is, is due to the new gimble self calibration takes a bit longer to do and sometimes doesn't quite complete before the ready to fly check is initiated, as long as the ready to fly pull out status window shows gimble normal you are fine, I've not had any problems with it and the message pops up often.
Effectively, gimbal state seems correct.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Outlook-Image.png
    thumbnail_Outlook-Image.png
    566.1 KB · Views: 17
It's a new feature added since FW 2.5.0. Maybe you didn't notice it when you used the FW 2.5.0. It detects the vibration, so if you put the aircraft on the non-static surface, it will take a longer time to stabilize the gimbal.

It's a new feature added since FW 2.5.0. Maybe you didn't notice it when you used the FW 2.5.0. It detects the vibration, so if you put the aircraft on the non-static surface, it will take a longer time to stabilize the gimbal.
I test in my house floor, I only have problems on version 2.5.11. Version 2.5.0 works fine.

Message appears every 10 - 15 seconds, sometimes it takes longer sometimes it takes less.
That would be annoying, mine always disappears after the EVO is ready for take-off. It sounds like yours is a malfunction of some sort, work with Autel, sharing error reports/Log files, etc.. so they can work out what's going on specifically. I hope they get on to it fast for you.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain