Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Finally it’s here....the multi charger!

Funny GUY the thing is I don’t need to stay home while my batteries get charged like you ....lol

You really should read up on leaving Lipo batteries to charge when you are not home. I do not think you will find anyone saying it is safe no matter what charger you are using. ;)

Today Autel released promo video for the battery charger and it's clear, it DOES NOT charge 2 batteries at a time, it will charge the highest charge battery to 80% an go into triclkle charge mode for the remaining 20% while starting to charge the next one to 80%. That is not simultaneous charging in my book.

Today Autel released promo video for the battery charger and it's clear, it DOES NOT charge 2 batteries at a time, it will charge the highest charge battery to 80% an go into triclkle charge mode for the remaining 20% while starting to charge the next one to 80%. That is not simultaneous charging in my book.

Similar to the P4 hub, better off with the aftermarket parallel charger IMO. Does the hub have a storage mode switch?

Even if it does 2 at a time you are better off just buying the OEM charger for 59 bucks and save some cash. If you can't plug in two chargers then there is really something wrong with your life style but I guess we have remotes for everything now a days so why should I expect people to get off their couches to plug in a second charger. :rolleyes:

Exactly!

New Evo owner here but I've had no problems at all single charging my 3 batteries... (may pick up a 4th with the gift card I got with purchase)

Maybe it's just me but I don't see a need for this just yet... The 75/100 mins of flight time I'll get with 3/4 batteries is plenty for single sessions. :)

Reactions: macoman
Mine is here when I get off work. Will post pics and details. As I stated in a previous thread without changing the power supply to a bigger unit with more amps it will not charge any faster. The time savings is you don’t have to be there when one is finished and then to change over. It does that for you. So it’s a little savings but not much.

Was looking at getting a single charger that can handle multiple aircraft. I have a Spark, an Air, and an Evo. I only found one that will do those three (subbing in a Mavic Pro for the Evo). Does anyone have suggestions for a universal charger that they have used?

Was looking at getting a single charger that can handle multiple aircraft. I have a Spark, an Air, and an Evo. I only found one that will do those three (subbing in a Mavic Pro for the Evo). Does anyone have suggestions for a universal charger that they have used?
I use this one, used it for spark, mavic, Evo, P3/P4. It used xt60 so you can easily make your own cables. I've yet got around to modding cables for the air/Mavic 2 though.

Alright the multicharger arrived today and it is great, it charges the battery that is less drained first up to 80% and after it charged the second less drained and at the same time it finishes charging the first one from 80% to 100% and it goes like that until they are all charged. So yes at some point in time it charges two batteries at the same time but not with the same voltage. I imagine that from 0 to 80% you are full voltage and from 80 to 100% it charges with less voltage to finishes the charge. For what it is supposed to do...it meats my requirements. For me a addon that i needed.

Reactions: MTPro
Alright the multicharger arrived today and it is great, it charges the battery that is less drained first up to 80% and after it charged the second less drained and at the same time it finishes charging the first one from 80% to 100% and it goes like that until they are all charged. So yes at some point in time it charges two batteries at the same time but not with the same voltage. I imagine that from 0 to 80% you are full voltage and from 80 to 100% it charges with less voltage to finishes the charge. For what it is supposed to do...it meats my requirements. For me a addon that i needed.
Thanks for the review. There's much to be said when it comes to batteries and charging them. Every drone I own has a different set of rules, or recommendations. If we go by what Youtubers tell us, we're all going to trash the battery cycle life.

I had a problem with a Ryobi battery for my Plus one tools, and they told me not to watch the guys on Youtube. Follow the manual.
These guys on Youtube tend to take the batteries too low.

I think other viewers buy a drone and think I can do that. Seems to not always have a happy ending when that happens.

I fly to 25%, bring it back. I never take it far or past VLOS. If I store them, I charge to about 50%. Most of the batteries I use are taken to around 22% when charging. Out of 3 that I have they all are at about 60 or more battery cycles.

Going to order the charger now

Exactly!

New Evo owner here but I've had no problems at all single charging my 3 batteries... (may pick up a 4th with the gift card I got with purchase)

Maybe it's just me but I don't see a need for this just yet... The 75/100 mins of flight time I'll get with 3/4 batteries is plenty for single sessions. :)
I have the same thought, matter of fact... I have three batteries but usually charge one or two... I take my Evo to my job to fly on my lunch break of a hour.

Reactions: TravisPNW
Does anyone know if it's ok to leave charged batteries connected to this multi charger? If, the answer is no, is it ok to leave the batteries on the charger overnight?

Does anyone know if it's ok to leave charged batteries connected to this multi charger? If, the answer is no, is it ok to leave the batteries on the charger overnight?
I wouldn't recommend to leave any battery connect overnight. It's not healthy and can do more harm than good to the battery.

Reactions: saker and Ansia
You can leave the batteries in the multicharger for as long as you like, just make sure the charger isn't plugged into the wall. Leaving a plugged battery for to long gets them hot and can burst into flames.

Reactions: macoman
Well simple but stupid even in the YouTube videos unless I missed something no one says what the (micro-usb) port is for on the bottom of this charging hub anybody have an idea?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58