Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Fall in Mid-Town Atlanta with Evo 2 Pro

Thank you a very much appreciate the compliment

I am not sure what you edit with, but if you want to get the most out of the ALOG footage you need to use the waveform monitor and primaries wheels to grade it properly. Not being critical at all....just trying to help; you would be amazed at what a little more color grading would have done to your footage.

If you use Davinci Resolve you just need one primaries node. For the primaries add 100% saturation, +10.50 color boost, and +1.2 contrast. Last, set the Lift and Gain to just touch the top and bottom of the wave form monitor. If you want to add a creative grade later, then just add an adjustment clip and the LUT of your choice.

Below is a sample grade that I did with these settings on the ALOG footage. The grade below is just conformed to Rec.709, I did not add a creative grade on top of the primaries grade. The ALOG footage grades incredibly well and much easier than say CLOG3.

If you use a different NLE, it should still have a waveform monitor option or it could be called the Parade. Turn it on, then look for adjustments for Saturation, Contrast, and most importantly the highlights and shadows (in Davinci Resolve this is called the Gain and Lift). Adjust the highlights and shadows to just touch the edges of the waveform monitor or parade, make sure that the monitor or parade is showing the Rec709 color space. LOG footage is meant to be very flat which lets you push and pull it as you see fit in post to match other cameras and to maximize the dynamic range of the sensor. You need to then conform it to your target color space (most commonly used is Rec709) before it is production ready.

Attachments

• Grading-Test.jpg
    Grading-Test.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: kccumm
I am not sure what you edit with, but if you want to get the most out of the ALOG footage you need to use the waveform monitor and primaries wheels to grade it properly. Not being critical at all....just trying to help; you would be amazed at what a little more color grading would have done to your footage.

If you use Davinci Resolve you just need one primaries node. For the primaries add 100% saturation, +10.50 color boost, and +1.2 contrast. Last, set the Lift and Gain to just touch the top and bottom of the wave form monitor. If you want to add a creative grade later, then just add an adjustment clip and the LUT of your choice.

Below is a sample grade that I did with these settings on the ALOG footage. The grade below is just conformed to Rec.709, I did not add a creative grade on top of the primaries grade. The ALOG footage grades incredibly well and much easier than say CLOG3.

If you use a different NLE, it should still have a waveform monitor option or it could be called the Parade. Turn it on, then look for adjustments for Saturation, Contrast, and most importantly the highlights and shadows (in Davinci Resolve this is called the Gain and Lift). Adjust the highlights and shadows to just touch the edges of the waveform monitor or parade, make sure that the monitor or parade is showing the Rec709 color space. LOG footage is meant to be very flat which lets you push and pull it as you see fit in post to match other cameras and to maximize the dynamic range of the sensor. You need to then conform it to your target color space (most commonly used is Rec709) before it is production ready.
Thanks I am about to start using Final Cut Pro x and will look to incorporate your suggestions on editing. I appreciate your suggestions!!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm