Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Registration Number

slvervper99

Reaction score
Not to beat the dead horse, I've search topics about this but did not find anything that is close. So, I was looking up to register my XSP to FAA so I can get an FAA number and it stated on FAA website that the registration is no longer enforced -started May 2017, as long as the drone is used for hobby and not for commercial purpose. Is this true or valid? I have registered my Yuneec last year which is now RIP, and I will register my XSP if I need to. And yes, I only use my drone for recreational and hobby purposes. Thanks!

Not to beat the dead horse, I've search topics about this but did not find anything that is close. So, I was looking up to register my XSP to FAA so I can get an FAA number and it stated on FAA website that the registration is no longer enforced -started May 2017, as long as the drone is used for hobby and not for commercial purpose. Is this true or valid? I have registered my Yuneec last year which is now RIP, and I will register my XSP if I need to. And yes, I only use my drone for recreational and hobby purposes. Thanks!
It has been stopped for now, as a judge found that it wasn't necessary for hobbiest , but expect it to come back in some form possibly closer to end of year or next

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

It has been stopped for now, as a judge found that it wasn't necessary for hobbiest , but expect it to come back in some form possibly closer to end of year or next

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Don't have to worry about it right now then. Another question though, I paid for the registration number for 3 years, since I no longer have the Yuneec drone, can I transfer those numbers to my XSP?

Thanks. Don't have to worry about it right now then. Another question though, I paid for the registration number for 3 years, since I no longer have the Yuneec drone, can I transfer those numbers to my XSP?
A hobbiest can use the number on as many drones as he owns. It is only when you do commercial work you need more then one number

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jchasa

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fdragon