Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Extremely bad experience with Nano+ and customer service

Cupid Stunt

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to vent this in an appropriate forum, perhaps it will reach the right people. Since all you get from Autel support is automated template emails and it seems impossible to talk to anyone half awake or competent in that company, I'll post it here in the hopes of steering people away from buying this drone.

The main reason is not even the drone itself, although the start of it all was when the drone decided to fly smack into a wall in tracking mode, very slow walking pace. Front propellers broke, were replaced but the drone retained a noticeable wobble. Turned out one of the screws holding the propeller was skewed. Sent an email to support, was asked to ship the drone to Germany for repairs via UPS and done it. So far, so good.

I noticed a complete lack of feedback from Autel support. No case updates, any response via Email to provide additional info was answered by the same, stupid email template. No update EVER on any repair progress, no questions, nothing.

After a suspiciously short time, the drone was sent back to me. Again: no updates of any kind. Nothing. Tumbleweeds. Okay, let's see.

Drone arrived today, looks like it was never even touched by Autel. Screw still skewed and to add insult to injury, one of the plastic braces on the gimbal is now BROKEN OFF. They basically broke the thing some more and sent it back.

One thing is for sure: even if the drone winds up repaired, this will be without a shadow of a doubt the last Autel product I will ever touch. Apart from the copious problems people are having with the software and the gimbal, the straw that breaks the camel's back is definitively the absolutely abysmal customer support.

So, if you are looking for a product with good support: THIS AINT IT. Stay away.

• Wow
Reactions: ADOC
Hi,

I need to vent this in an appropriate forum, perhaps it will reach the right people. Since all you get from Autel support is automated template emails and it seems impossible to talk to anyone half awake or competent in that company, I'll post it here in the hopes of steering people away from buying this drone.

The main reason is not even the drone itself, although the start of it all was when the drone decided to fly smack into a wall in tracking mode, very slow walking pace. Front propellers broke, were replaced but the drone retained a noticeable wobble. Turned out one of the screws holding the propeller was skewed. Sent an email to support, was asked to ship the drone to Germany for repairs via UPS and done it. So far, so good.

I noticed a complete lack of feedback from Autel support. No case updates, any response via Email to provide additional info was answered by the same, stupid email template. No update EVER on any repair progress, no questions, nothing.

After a suspiciously short time, the drone was sent back to me. Again: no updates of any kind. Nothing. Tumbleweeds. Okay, let's see.

Drone arrived today, looks like it was never even touched by Autel. Screw still skewed and to add insult to injury, one of the plastic braces on the gimbal is now BROKEN OFF. They basically broke the thing some more and sent it back.

One thing is for sure: even if the drone winds up repaired, this will be without a shadow of a doubt the last Autel product I will ever touch. Apart from the copious problems people are having with the software and the gimbal, the straw that breaks the camel's back is definitively the absolutely abysmal customer support.

So, if you are looking for a product with good support: THIS AINT IT. Stay away.
Sounds like you don’t know how to operate the drone very well. I’ve had the Nano+ for a couple years and never had an issue other than basic stuff that was easily fixed. Go fly your dji drone, have fun while it prevents you from flying in more and more areas every day.

Sounds like you don’t know how to operate the drone very well. I’ve had the Nano+ for a couple years and never had an issue other than basic stuff that was easily fixed. Go fly your dji drone, have fun while it prevents you from flying in more and more areas every day.
Since you have no evidence of the poster's flying skill, you reply is merely a hit job from a troll. Autel seems to need any help they can get so maybe you're an Autel Troll.

I think you may be the troll , since you are quick to point out on so many posts that someone is a troll. Sorry bud but the OP sounds like a moron. No flying skill report needed. A tiny bit of research by you, woukd find out I’m not a troll. But once again, you have somehow deemed yourself the “Troll Police” on here. So let me get this straight… the OP is a troll, my response is a troll but you calling both people Trolls doesn’t make you the biggest troll of all? Go f yourself

Hello all,
i just want to add my voice: the nano+ could be a good drone but it's absolutely abysimal because of the jello effect and unreliability of flight behaviour and battery management.

Moreover, here in Italy the company DRONEPRO TECNOPOLIS - official assistance for Autel - has ripped me nitpocketing 50 euros for absolutely nothing.
They took advantage of having the drone in their hands for "repair" and wouldn't send it back to me until I paid for the "repair". The "repair" as then been descripted as a "firmware repair". Even worst,the drone was returned to me non functioning and blocked and I had to wait four days for them to reply to my email and send me an unlocked firmware.

i hope this message stay here for a while, this forum is full of people denying the undeniable bugs of the nano+ and - It's a sin to think badly but you often get it right - maybe they have some interest.

abysimal - i don't even wanna talk anymore about Autel.

Last edited:
Hi,

That sounds bad for us, but thank you for your honesty in regards to the Drone, and customer service. It's recommended to contact Autel for repair, but this doesn't sound good, especially sending it to Germany with no informational updates from the company while being serviced/not serviced. Ugh.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gflys