Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo noob questions

mjbok

Reaction score
My Evo should be delivered tomorrow, but I have some questions for a newbie.

For the record I'm not new to drones, this will my 5th drone (original Phantom, Typhoon H, Spark, Air), but I have some questions I couldn't find in the forum. Those things I could find answers for appeared to have multiple answers that contradicted each other.

1. Can you fly without a phone/tablet? If you can, what functionality do you lose?
2. Waypoints appear to be A to B to C, etc. with the Evo slowing down at each point and pausing for a second. On the H you can use the sticks to go back to a previous waypoint and on to the next, I'm assuming you can't do this on the Evo. For me waypoints are basically photo stops. The only option is to press the pause button, correct?
3. Are extra props available anywhere?
4. Is the horizon issue really fixed?
5. What are the 'must have' accessories? I'm assuming extra batteries and filters, but with the air/spark I also got legs. Anything else?

There is an EVO section at the bottom of this forum site. You may get better responses there otherwise the admin may move your thread at the EVO discussion section. To answer some of your question. I don't have an EVO per se, but have been reading up in this forum. Yes, you can fly it without any phone or tablet - the peripheral holder is not designed to hold a big tablet, other members made some modifications. Autel website is the only place I can think of to buy extra props at least for now. There is a fix to the horizon tilt issue - not sure if it is a permanent fix. Batteries are somewhat in demand as they come and go and not always available. As far as waypoint - I'm sure an actual EVO owner can answer that as well as the must have accessories but like I said - it is mostly batteries - I don't think they made any ND filters yet for the EVO but I could be wrong.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan