Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Lite Bundle Photo

Wait: do I see an actual, real, authentic lightning cable? Probably won't appear on US shipments; licensing fees. Can't quite tell but I think the controller<>mobile device looks like micro usb. Seriously? 2022 is upon us, and their using MicroUSB? It still beats fskev USB-C (all the Chinese companies advertising "USB-C INTERFACE" When it's actually just a USB-C connector that doesn't use the spec, charging or data rates. Final thought: After a lot of talk from Randall Warnas during his short tenure (I think it was about 3.5 "mooch's") about "if we want to be 2016 Autel just creating tweaked DJI clones, we lose" -one look at the charging "hub" in that picture tell you all you need to know about copying DJI. Not that that's a bad thing, lol

Wait: do I see an actual, real, authentic lightning cable? Probably won't appear on US shipments; licensing fees. Can't quite tell but I think the controller<>mobile device looks like micro usb. Seriously? 2022 is upon us, and their using MicroUSB? It still beats fskev USB-C (all the Chinese companies advertising "USB-C INTERFACE" When it's actually just a USB-C connector that doesn't use the spec, charging or data rates. Final thought: After a lot of talk from Randall Warnas during his short tenure (I think it was about 3.5 "mooch's") about "if we want to be 2016 Autel just creating tweaked DJI clones, we lose" -one look at the charging "hub" in that picture tell you all you need to know about copying DJI. Not that that's a bad thing, lol
Remote controller has USB-C.

Reactions: BlairAir

The small cables are for the remove, they have 3 types, C, micro and Lightning
The long one is confusing, whats it for? maybe to connect the Drone to PC for firmware update or to copy photos?

Package looks good thou, i want to see the Nano+ and Lite+ and then decide if i go for one of theirs [or go all out for Mavic 3 in 36 payments LOL]

Last edited:
Remote controller has USB-C.
Yes! Don't take my critical comments as trolling. I really like what these and the Nano represent in a market space with room for new players. I just want Autel to pull this off without starting out on the wrong foot. The little guys always have a steep hill to climb, and there's enough DJI blind fanboyism around. DJI is where they are today throug a lot of
hard work, and being first to market,, but they had struggles too with early products. Now they have a target on their back that every good drone builder is aiming for. If Sutel gets more right than they get wrong, it creates some actual competition, not just filling in missing segments. DJI is trying to broadly cover the market from entry level to full professional gear. Autel needs to choose wisely where they want to compete. So far the choices of drone classes are smart. I think what may hurt them the most is pricing ability. They don't have the economies of scale. Hoping for a solid double if a home run is a bridge too far (mixing my metaphors) 🤞

Yes! Don't take my critical comments as trolling. I really like what these and the Nano represent in a market space with room for new players. I just want Autel to pull this off without starting out on the wrong foot. The little guys always have a steep hill to climb, and there's enough DJI blind fanboyism around. DJI is where they are today throug a lot of
hard work, and being first to market,, but they had struggles too with early products. Now they have a target on their back that every good drone builder is aiming for. If Sutel gets more right than they get wrong, it creates some actual competition, not just filling in missing segments. DJI is trying to broadly cover the market from entry level to full professional gear. Autel needs to choose wisely where they want to compete. So far the choices of drone classes are smart. I think what may hurt them the most is pricing ability. They don't have the economies of scale. Hoping for a solid double if a home run is a bridge too far (mixing my metaphors) 🤞

The current situation remind me of PC situation 5-6 years back, Intel was the only leader and people had no options, the alternative CPUs were pure trash used in pauper builds.
And then AMD introduced ZEN, it was still slower, but had more cores and cheaper, and they introduced Zen+, Zen2 and Zen3 each within one year of the otehr and managed to beat intel, right now Zen3 is faster then Intel and has up to 16 cores in mainstream CPU, while best current Intel has 8.
And all otehr brands are not on the same level, not even close, we can say DJI is #1, Autel is defiantly #2 and Fimi is number #4 [not yet #3 but close, lets see how their 2021 models perfom, but price-wise they #1, their Air2 sized drone is under 500$] and all the rest are even farther away Huobi is not #6 or #7, maybe number 10, its a toy brand that makes crap drones with Aliexpress cameras.

People need to give Autel a chance, not write them off like many fanboys do, of course if the reviews are good, no one says to blindly buy them to support competion, but if the reviews are good and i think they will be, because no one really complaints about current Autel drones, they fly and they stable and EVO II Pro has better camera then 2S no denaying that.
So if the reviews say that Nano+ has big-drone like camera and excellent night video capabilities [because of the new RYYB sensor] (You can see Huawei P30 Pro for sample images of RYYB sensor)
It has basic obstacle avoidance, no geofencing, new hopefully more comfortable controller, new wireless technology, then its a good reason to give them a chance.

Personalty I want to see how Nano+ and Lite+ are different, if its worth going for Lite+, if the difference is something you can notice, same goes for Mavic 3, it has to beat Lite+ by a lot to be worth the rumored 1600$
I want a drone for fun, but also having good camera and distance, to fly it up high and make videos, I also want FPV, to feel like you flying, so either I have to go all out and get DJI+smart controller and GOOVIS Lite glasses
Or I can go Nano+ and then buy DJI FPV drone bundle so ill have both.
Or if the Lite+ is really awesome, i can say Ok im going to invest in autel eco system, get the drone and later get their smart controller, its double the price of DJI but also double the size and high NITS and later get goovis lite.
Or if Mavic 3 is like 'OMG Im peeing myself good', i can get the basic kit, later grab extra battery and in time buy their V2 smart controller, it will be the most expensive journey, but it will have good resale value and should be good for work [if i ever decide to, i can always do side gigs]

Reactions: wjc777
From what I have learned, the V2 Smart Controller does not work with any of the new drones in Nano or Lite series. This is obviously a terrible development if true. The reason given was the newer video transmission they are utilizing. If true it will: a)hurt SC sales, knowing it's a one AC series Controller. (for now anyway) and b) Have people scratching their heads why such choices were made and c) cause V2 SC owners to consider passing on the new consumer targeted products. At least the few insane ones who bought a $1200 Controller for recreational/hobbyist flying. I say insane with great respect 🙏 -and an awareness of a self-own when I see one, lol!

Autel! Say it isn't so! Please!

Reactions: PingSpike
From what I have learned, the V2 Smart Controller does not work with any of the new drones in Nano or Lite series. This is obviously a terrible development if true. The reason given was the newer video transmission they are utilizing. If true it will: a)hurt SC sales, knowing it's a one AC series Controller. (for now anyway) and b) Have people scratching their heads why such choices were made and c) cause V2 SC owners to consider passing on the new consumer targeted products. At least the few insane ones who bought a $1200 Controller for recreational/hobbyist flying. I say insane with great respect 🙏 -and an awareness of a self-own when I see one, lol!

Autel! Say it isn't so! Please!
I believe you are correct; at launch, the autel sc will not be compatible with nano/lite.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d