Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Charging the Smart Controller

Everyone outside of America I guess? ?‍♂️

Including myself, I'm in the UK and the supplied plug is obviously useless here :)

It was the same with the drone charger too.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I have not figured out the charging on the SC (v.2). If I use the charger that came with it, and, I use the USBC to USBC ports, it charges without issue. If I use a different USB charger that is also 5v 3A, with a cable into the USBC on the SC, it will not charge? In fact, if I use the USB A on the Autel charger to the USBC on the SC, it will not charge. What are you guys outside the US doing to charge this thing?

I'm French I can't charge my RC since I bought it with the USB cable a from the RC to the USB battery charger a it doesn't work I'm worried

In fact, if I use the USB A on the Autel charger to the USBC on the SC, it will not charge.
now this is weird for sure.

Are there differences in the used USB cables a possible cause or culprit to this issue?

I'm in the UK and using the supplied SC charger with an adapter and the supplied usb to usb c lead. Charging is still incredibly slow. Is there something I'm missing?

For my smart controller I am using the US power-unit (65w) with an EU adapter-plug, for example in the Netherlands or Germany. It charges well and quite fast this way. I am using the original USB-C to USB-C cable. It is always plugged into the center socket on the power-unit. I have labeled my USB-C cable to make sure I don't mix this one up with similar cables that came with SSD drives or alike. When I tried a different cable it didn't want to charge at all.

IMG_7403.jpg

IMG_7404.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I've swapped the lead that came with the SC for a high capacity usb c to usb c cable and it's fast charger properly.

Reactions: uas_gian
Related question: did anyone here try to use the new Apple MacBook Pro power adapter that is labeled 85W to charge the SC? I still have a laptop without USB-C charging plug, so I cannot try this at home. Would be nice to know if this is a valid alternative in case the other one is lost or broken.

Hello. Can anyone provide a photo of the parameters of the SC 65w power supply? I am interested in how many volts and amperes are at the output.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson