Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pro flips at take-off

Okay-ish

Reaction score
I'm an experienced pilot. I have been flying a DJI Mavic 2 zoom - successfully. Bought the Evo II Pro to get away from the geo fence issue.

However, on my maiden flight, the UAS didn't lift uniformly. The forward blades lifted the front up so much that the rear blades smacked the concrete. I rechecked the systems and it was good to fly.

Tried again and the same thing happened. Swapped out propellers - and again; same thing.

Am I doing something wrong that I don't know about? I searched and couldn't find a similar posting about the same thing.

Thanks much!

Reactions: robertmarcos
I'm an experienced pilot. I have been flying a DJI Mavic 2 zoom - successfully. Bought the Evo II Pro to get away from the geo fence issue.

However, on my maiden flight, the UAS didn't lift uniformly. The forward blades lifted the front up so much that the rear blades smacked the concrete. I rechecked the systems and it was good to fly.

Tried again and the same thing happened. Swapped out propellers - and again; same thing.

Am I doing something wrong that I don't know about? I searched and couldn't find a similar posting about the same thing.

Thanks much!
Are the props on the correct arm? Marked props to on marked posts (white circle). Dumb question I know, but I've done it [emoji33][emoji849]

Are the props on the correct arm? Marked props to on marked posts (white circle). Dumb question I know, but I've done it [emoji33][emoji849]
I was going to say the same thing...I've never put the props on the wrong arm (and didn't think it was possible), but it sounds like that could be the problem.

Reactions: PingSpike
I was going to say the same thing...I've never put the props on the wrong arm (and didn't think it was possible), but it sounds like that could be the problem.
Thanks much. I embarrassed to say that I didn't know this either. I don't recall the DJI Mavic having that issue. Thanks again!

I didn't know it was possible either. Thanks much!

It's possible on the Mavic Air 2, but it will actually warn you in the app before you try to take off. I also had a prop fall off my original Mavic Pro without me realizing it. It took off, hovered for a moment and then did a back flip.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy