Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Obstacle Avoidance is unbelievable!

OK, it wasn't following the controller around. Your pockets didn't look big enough anyway;). I'm impressed that it kept you as the target for such a distance.
Yes it actually follows visual target. I'm 90% sure all the processing is done onboard in the follow mode. First part of the video I was following the drone with controller, but on second one I had to put controller and tablet on the ground, which was very scary to do :)

Reactions: Rubik3x
On top of the case on the ground... Why?
The Controller can be anywhere. Just select your subject and select your preference for tracking and your good. Autel is awesome. The best in all aspects. Now if they can make a sub. 250 G drone they would be on TOP.

Reactions: Len and Rubik3x
Well done. A great example of the accurate tracking Autel has come up with. They give Skydio a good competitor. Actually Autel has way more features making it a Heads above Drone. Now to get rid of the Remote I.D. issue with the FAA....

Reactions: davery87 and Len
I just remembered, I ran into one issue with tracking. There's no way track subject from specified height... Drone chooses it's own altitude. I was asked to track a person running around small buildings, but no matter what I tried drone always descended to the ground level and the of course lost the subject between buildings (it was too tight for it to maneuver) ...

Hi! Haven't tried so I will ask. First time flying a drone that has obstacle avoidance.
Escenario: If i am flying in Manual mode, even with the phone not connected, the drone will continue to avoid everything that comes near to him? Example: If I try to flight in manual mode and try to flight straight to a tree, it will avoid the obstacle even if I keep pushing foward? Sorry for the typos

Hi! Haven't tried so I will ask. First time flying a drone that has obstacle avoidance.
Escenario: If i am flying in Manual mode, even with the phone not connected, the drone will continue to avoid everything that comes near to him? Example: If I try to flight in manual mode and try to flight straight to a tree, it will avoid the obstacle even if I keep pushing foward? Sorry for the typos
It will most likely stop and prevent your from crashing, instead of avoiding the obstacle.

Reactions: FlyingHigh_soln
It will most likely stop and prevent your from crashing, instead of avoiding the obstacle.
Notice something like that when trying to land in an area with small obstacles. It almost did not let me land there and flew very very slow.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso