Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Enterprise RTK with Emlid RS2 Base

mblacklin

Reaction score
I'm trying to write corrected coordinates at the drone after connecting to an Emlid Reach RS2 acting as a base. The base has been assigned manual coordinates, due to it being at a known control point. The problem seems to be that even though I'm getting a FIX at the drone, I'm not receiving the assigned coordinates.

Does anyone have a good workflow to assign an Emlid RS2 known coordinates, and then have those coordinates be used at the drone?

IMG_0029.PNG

Reactions: FlyoverGreg
I'm finding it to be very frustrating integrating the RS2- really disappointing. So I can't offer a "good workflow", but I've gotten it to work.

Apparently it is something to do Autels code, not Emlids. See Feature Request, RS2 NTRIP caster via Wifi for DJI RTK Drone

To get it to work, I had to set the RS2 in hotspot mode, share SIM data, and connect the Autel Smart Controller to this network. Then the RS2 had to be set to Emlid Caster, with the rover entered on the Autel. This is ridiculous, because the correction is actually being transferred via 3g to the net and back- rather than just using wifi between the RS2 and the Smart Controller.

Note that you'll actually be using Correction Output in addition to Base Mode on the RS2. So after you manually enter the known coordinates, you go back to set up the Caster.

Please Autel, get this fixed up so we can use the Local NTRIP option from the RS2, or even better, just accept RTCM3 corrections directly (via TCP, Bluetooth, etc).

Reactions: FlyoverGreg
Yeah - both on Autel's side, and Emlid's, this is nowhere near as straightforward as I feel it should be. I'm really struggling to prove value in tools like this if they simply don't work, or don't work efficiently. The lack of support (from both sides) here is also pretty frustrating.

@yarrr Thanks for the response - hopefully with a couple of your tricks, I can get it working right.

I set up my base to receive corrections through NTRIP and using emlid caster, sent corrections to the rover (drone). using a hotspot for internet to the RS2 and the controller.
I had never had any issues with this and have done a lot of testing with more than excellent results.

Im not sure If I understand the issues your having...?

...Im not sure If I understand the issues your having...?
I'll admit that my issue is more philosophical than functional. It is not 2007 anymore- we shouldn't need to drag a hotspot to the field. Particularly because it is not necessary to connect to the internet to get the corrections from the the RS2 to the smart controller. I'll also admit that I'm deep into buyers remorse with this UAS, but that's another story...

@mblacklin - are you up and running? Wondering if maybe your original issue was the RS2 was using your previous base location, like maybe your save/apply hadn't been sticking?

I thought EMLID came up with a solution to connect to the drone with no internet? But if you want NTRIP corrections you will need either a Simcard in RS2 or a good hotspot...

I thought EMLID came up with a solution to connect to the drone with no internet? But if you want NTRIP corrections you will need either a Simcard in RS2 or a good hotspot...
The Local NTRIP option from Emlid doesn't work on the Smart Controller. I could not connect, same as this post-

Update FYI- Emlid Local NTRIP now works with with Autel using current RS2 firmware.

Update FYI- Emlid Local NTRIP now works with with Autel using current RS2 firmware.
Yes it does!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d