Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo I batteries on sale at BestBuy.

Be careful when you stock up.....they still only have about a 1 yr shelf life and that year starts from date of manufacturer not from date of purchase. There is no way around that 1yr mark either...if you don't use them at all they will die from not being used and if you add them to your regular rotation they will die due to charging cycles.

And yes, I know plenty of marketing material states 2-3yrs....but Autel also advertises the EVO II will fly for 40min.
Sounds like you're a battery expert! Cool

Sounds like you're a battery expert! Cool
Definitely not an expert, but I have been flying various LiPo powered things for over 10yrs and have observed first hand many of the ways that LiPos quickly degrade over time no matter how much care you give them.

The modern drone charging systems are far more user friendly than the days when I used to have to manually program my balancing charger with the battery specs and needed a stopwatch to keep track of how much flight time that I had left while the RC craft was in the air. But despite all of their modern sophistication, the one constant that I have observed is the notoriously short shelf life of the flight batteries.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58