Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Gimbal Issues?

Kirkster

Reaction score
A couple of interesting findings concerning horizon tilt and gimbal movement when stationary. I read the latest firmware upgrade fixes the horizon tilt. I upgraded the firmware on my EVO and for me the tilt is worse that it was out of the box. The other thing I noticed was that the camera is constantly moving even when the drone is stationary. I was checking out the gimbal tilt indoors and when I looked at the camera up close, it was moving every so slightly constantly. Like it's correcting it's position. Not sure if I would notice during flight, but I plan to check with Autel support on it. Anyone else notice?

Reactions: Tonynikon
The gimbal is following the accelerometer noise. If the gimbal isn't moving on the ground, it's only because there's a software lock-out to disable the gimbal when stationary.

I have the same problem. It just came out of the box and I'd already downloaded the firmware (Sept. 2019) but the gimbal is not responding. What do I should do next?

I had my first flight today. Terrible gimbal tilt. I tried the gimbal auto calibration, but it failed every time. Anyone know what is going on with this supposed fix. I love the way the EVO flies, but the video is the most important thing for me.

I had my first flight today. Terrible gimbal tilt. I tried the gimbal auto calibration, but it failed every time. Anyone know what is going on with this supposed fix. I love the way the EVO flies, but the video is the most important thing for me.
Are you on the current firmware?
Did you do a compass calibration first?
Is there magnetic interference where you are trying to calibrate?
Is the calibration surface level and stable?

after the firmware update (I did mine OTA) I did a gimbal calibration three times and I have no issues.

Reactions: Tufargon
I upgraded to the latest firmware using meh Mac and SD card. I tried the gimbal calibration inside. There may be mag. interference inside. I will try it again outside. I really want this to work. So, thank you for the encouragement.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials