Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Falls From Sky 500' Ludicrous Mode !

I knowingly broke the rules yesterday on my rage quest to find out if its the application or remote that has true control of the flight limitations, lets just say that the 800 meter height limit is not gone, only hidden and hoped to be forgotten about, disconnect the app and go in dry with just your trusty RC and you'll hit the 800' ceiling in no time. nor do i condone this action but just informing that as of May 16th we are still able to fly above those pesky DJI counterparts who are soon to be paperweights with the recent lawsuit win by Autel against DJI stealing its quick release prop Patent lmaooo

Life is not a dream, we must stop raving. Dji is not about to let go.
And the flight limit, contrary to what you believe is not in the radio, but in the memory of the Evo.

It sounds like a loss of connection between the battery and the drone. I am surprised that we are dozens of comments into this thread and no one has even mentioned the fact that flying at 500+ feet is potentially dangerous to manned aircraft and against FAA guidelines stating not to fly over 400 feet. Just saying.

400 ft. Or 400 ft higher that tallest object yur within 400 ft of... Per Part 107. If I'm flying in Baltimore MD, I can go 400ft above the building I'm by... That could realistically put me at 800+ ft or more depending on the building. In the field, there are 100ft+ towers all over... Again... 400 ft above them is legal as long as yur within 400ft of them.

That's why noone questioned his height.

Reactions: Jsizzle*EVO*1_Alpha
April fools?
No. That is actually true. If you are 107 Certified, you can fly 400' above any obstacle as long as you are within 400' horizontally from the building, once you have moved to 401' horizontally, you must come down to the original 400' AGL. If you are in controlled airspace, this rule does NOT apply.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
No, you're not going to say that it was ..... an egg, anyway ...........

i would recommend using a dedicated phone for the drone. remove the sim card, and turn off wifi and keep it locked out of the internet and set to airplane mode also delete all other apps not from Autel from the drone phone..., don't use your personal phone. as it's pumping out a lot of noise next to the radio and constantly updating and downloading your data..

next stop using the Autel cables. use only the usb cable that was manufactuered with your phone..

Last edited:
I got lucky. It seems like it clipped a branch on way down which may have slowed it down a bit then the ground is heavily wooded but somewhat soft. It was a few feet away from a 20' boulder. That would of destroyed it. I swapped prop and seems to fly record and sensors working fine.

Few mins use. I did not have the app connected at time of flight because app won't stay on. Flight w remote only. I had it in site and watched it just die and drop. I'm trying to see if this happened to anyone before. I know about battery and making sure it's clipped in tight and there was no reason to believe the battery Unclipped during flight. When I recovered it the battery was off the Evo laying 18-20inches away from it making me believe it got knocked off at impact w ground.
Yes, it happened to me tonight. I was flying at 554.5 LOS, and it slowed to a stop, and with the bright lights that I had on it, just dropped to the dense woods like a falling start. battery was at 19:35 remaining, 22 sats, full remote power - 89%, I can recall taking it out of RTH, cause 22mph was too slow for me, and putting it in ludicrous 45mph, and pusing the sticks to get 41.2mph. I think the battery gave out. Only about 15 uses for the battery. Does Autel help with this or are you **** out of luck - still under warranty??

• Wow
there are two Ludacris modes with the new App. one is 35mph and now they added 45 mph . i was halling ars at 45 mph for a 30-40 seconds, then i landed and the motors where insanely hot. this could possibly cause esc , battery or motor failure , i dont reccommend 45 mph more than 5-10 seconds

• Haha
there are two Ludacris modes with the new App. one is 35mph and now they added 45 mph . i was halling ars at 45 mph for a 30-40 seconds, then i landed and the motors where insanely hot. this could possibly cause esc , battery or motor failure , i dont reccommend 45 mph more than 5-10 seconds
Thanks. After this experience, I will never use Ludicrous again.

• Wow

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials