Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Delivery Date

Wayne Maine

Reaction score
My pre order is with B&H. I have asked Autel several times if the Evo is going to be in the hands of the sellers on the 25th. Always told yes they will have them on the 25th. Today i phone B&H asking about a shipping date. They finally have some info. They will not have the Evo till the 27th and shipping is the 28th. Also no Sat. delivery. Which for me means the delivery date is July 2nd. Not what i had hoped for.

I pretty much heard that right from the start. I think that Ron guy doing all the vids for droneworks had mentioned that. I would like to know if they have this magic firmware ready will it be installed or are you going to have to do it? I know CarolinaDronz update before shipping at least they used to.

I pretty much heard that right from the start. I think that Ron guy doing all the vids for droneworks had mentioned that. I would like to know if they have this magic firmware ready will it be installed or are you going to have to do it? I know CarolinaDronz update before shipping at least they used to.

As I've said in other threads, I'm waiting 30 days at least before(if) I order. I have the same doubt about the firmware for my timeline. I hope it is delivered, at this point I think that if it fixes everything known to be at fault so far, I think it has a reasonable chance to helping with my weight loss and undo 10 years of aging.

I want the obstacle avoidance as I am new to drones that are more than $100, but the Anafi is exerting quite a pull. But I'm hesitant to forgo the obstacle avoidance as I've shown remarkable ingenuity at find new ways to bounce $100 drones off any number of unexpected hazards. ("Really! When was that chicken wire put out here? It wasn't there a week ago!")

I am going to tell you something, getting one with OA you will probably do a few follow me's and yes it will come in handy for that feature. I can tell you everyone I know with a Mavic turns theirs off after a few weeks of playing with the options. Its just a pain in the Qss. Its something you really do not need.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I almost never use obstacle avoidance on my Mavic. Sometimes it is even a pain as I will be flying and out of nowhere it just stops with no obstacle within a mile of it. However, it is nice to know the drone shouldn't crash itself.

On the Typhoon H the real sense most take it off as it drains the battery. As a beginner yes it is a great tool to learn but please people stop using help me features and learn to fly by the seat of your pants as it was suppose to be right from the beginning of flying. :)

Wow what a resounding and loud chorus of "put on your big boy pants", albeit in a friendly fashion :).

OK, in a follow on question, I'm coming from a background of light quads that are twitchy and have no altitude stability. Is that just not a concern in regular mode with these drones?

What I really need to do is try one to understand how they behave (any of the class would probably work), something that does not really seem to be an option in my area.
I'm not aware of any retailers in the Twin City area that will let take one for even a small spin especially if I have not picked a product yet.

Thank everyone for the support and information!

You might find a hobby shop that will give you a lesson or two for free in hopes of a sale. Most of the upper end UAV's with satellite( GPS, and compass) and sensors on the bottom are really stable.

Magic? Presto! LOL, love that. The 1st batch of EVO’s had to have firmware loaded a while ago for production reasons. If vendors update it, fantastic. Is it ready? Is it released? What will it actually “fix”, and how well will it fix it???

I just did a video of an abandon iron ore mine. While I was flying over the pit which is partially filled with caustic water. The guard drove up right at that moment and wanted to talk. I left my XSP hanging there for about 1 1/2 minutes while the guard warned me about losing it in the pit. When I went back to my lovely flying machine she was in the same exact place waiting patiently.

As I've said in other threads, I'm waiting 30 days at least before(if) I order. I have the same doubt about the firmware for my timeline. I hope it is delivered, at this point I think that if it fixes everything known to be at fault so far, I think it has a reasonable chance to helping with my weight loss and undo 10 years of aging.

I want the obstacle avoidance as I am new to drones that are more than $100, but the Anafi is exerting quite a pull. But I'm hesitant to forgo the obstacle avoidance as I've shown remarkable ingenuity at find new ways to bounce $100 drones off any number of unexpected hazards. ("Really! When was that chicken wire put out here? It wasn't there a week ago!")

Quick reply here. Obstacle avoidance is massively overrated. With my XSP just the mere thought of investment is enough. Like driving, expect the unexpected.

My pre order is with B&H. I have asked Autel several times if the Evo is going to be in the hands of the sellers on the 25th. Always told yes they will have them on the 25th. Today i phone B&H asking about a shipping date. They finally have some info. They will not have the Evo till the 27th and shipping is the 28th. Also no Sat. delivery. Which for me means the delivery date is July 2nd. Not what i had hoped for.

Have you checked the order status online? When I just tried to check my B&H order, it says 7-21 as a starting ship date.
I'm really hoping its not that delayed...

Isn't 7-21 outside the 2nd quarter of this year?

I'm so disappointed......

Isn't 7-21 outside the 2nd quarter of this year?

I'm so disappointed......

I think it's a B&H issue, not Autel. If it really is going to be that long, I'll probably cancel and order from somewhere else.

Just got Delivery confirmation from USPS that my EVO will be delivered tomorrow 27th.
My USPS Carrier is very consistent so I will be waiting at the gate at 1:30pm.

I got a wild hair and stopped by the Autel office in Bothell.
The guy that came to the door was very nice, but they don't have any EVO's (not even to look at).
My B&H order status changed from "Backordered" to "New Order" this evening, so maybe there's progress.

Just got Delivery confirmation from USPS that my EVO will be delivered tomorrow 27th.
My USPS Carrier is very consistent so I will be waiting at the gate at 1:30pm.

Fingers crossed here. Hope it happens!!!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Operational Mechanix