Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Batteries Defective?

tbae

Reaction score
Hi - i just bought the drone with the One-the-Go bundle so I have 3 batteries.

When I tried to charge each battery for the first time last night the battery light indicators turned on in sequence and continued to light up in sequence with 2 lights at constant green and third light at blinking green with no reading on the fourth light - all great but then 2 minutes later all the blinking lights turned off as if the battery charge was completed.

I connected the batteries to the EVO and all batteries indicated that they were charge a bit more than 50%.

After a call with Autel this morning I've been instructed to just keep the batteries charging for one hour and then connect to Evo to see if the battery indicates 100% charged. So that is what I am doing now - I have been charging the battery for over 1/2 hour now and I am pressing the on/off switch on the battery from time to time to see if they battery is charging but still only see the same first 2 lights as constant green and third light as flashing green.

So while I am waiting for this 1 hour experiment to be over - have any of you experienced this issue with your battery? If so what did you do to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

When I tried to charge each battery for the first time last night the battery light indicators turned on in sequence and continued to light up in sequence with 2 lights at constant green and third light at blinking green with no reading on the fourth light - all great but then 2 minutes later all the blinking lights turned off as if the battery charge was completed.

I connected the batteries to the EVO and all batteries indicated that they were charge a bit more than 50%.

After a call with Autel this morning I've been instructed to just keep the batteries charging for one hour and then connect to Evo to see if the battery indicates 100% charged. So that is what I am doing now - I have been charging the battery for over 1/2 hour now and I am pressing the on/off switch on the battery from time to time to see if they battery is charging but still only see the same first 2 lights as constant green and third light as flashing green.

So while I am waiting for this 1 hour experiment to be over - have any of you experienced this issue with your battery? If so what did you do to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Try to discharge your battery completely and recharge them again.

Good idea - ok will do then report back tonight.

FYI FWIW - Autel stated that this is a new issue that they have not seen before.

tbae, any update? I just got the EVO and the On The Go Bundle as well. The battery that came with the EVO charged just fine. Trying to charge one of the batteries that came with the On The Go Bundle and it isn't charging at all.

tbae, any update? I just got the EVO and the On The Go Bundle as well. The battery that came with the EVO charged just fine. Trying to charge one of the batteries that came with the On The Go Bundle and it isn't charging at all.

Actually on second thought I didn't bring down the charge on my batteries and recharge them since there may be a possibility that the charger was defective and not the batteries - I didn't want to charge the batteries with a defective charger thereby creating further damage to my batteries.

On my one-hour charge experiment - none of my batteries charged when keeping the charger plugged into the batteries for one hour.

I would recommend you contact Autel tomorrow - they are sending me a new charger and seeing if that will charge my batteries properly - I'll report the results when I get my charger which is scheduled to be delivered this Saturday.

One thing that Autel recommended to try was to reset the battery by holding down the battery on/off switch until it cycles down (the light sequence will at first turn on then shut off) and then trying to charge again - it didn't work for me but maybe it'll work for you.

Actually on second thought I didn't bring down the charge on my batteries and recharge them since there may be a possibility that the charger was defective and not the batteries - I didn't want to charge the batteries with a defective charger thereby creating further damage to my batteries.

On my one-hour charge experiment - none of my batteries charged when keeping the charger plugged into the batteries for one hour.

I would recommend you contact Autel tomorrow - they are sending me a new charger and seeing if that will charge my batteries properly - I'll report the results when I get my charger which is scheduled to be delivered this Saturday.

One thing that Autel recommended to try was to reset the battery by holding down the battery on/off switch until it cycles down (the light sequence will at first turn on then shut off) and then trying to charge again - it didn't work for me but maybe it'll work for you.

Thanks! Two out of three of my batteries appear to be charging fine. I tried to reset the other battery like you suggested and it didn't charge. It starts charging for approx 5 minutes and then it just stops. I even tried putting it in the drone itself and the drone wouldn't turn on at all. I'll be calling Autel tomorrow - perhaps I got a defective battery.

Update: I reached out to Autel Support and they are sending me a replacement. Before they agreed to send a replacement they asked for a video showing the battery not charging. The tech replied stating that they haven't had many reports of defective batteries but that he'd send a replacement out right away. I don't even have to mail in the old battery which is nice. Kudos to Autel for great customer support in the moment of truth.

That's good to hear.

Yeah the defective battery issue is something that Autel also told me was something that was new to them.

As for mailing Li-Po batteries I don't think the post office allows that for individuals due to risk of explosions so doesn't surprise me that Autel said not to mail the defective battery.

I'm still waiting for my charger...

DJI had me mail my defective Inspire battery back to them and USPS had no problem shipping it.

Mix - my bad, I believe there are restrictions on how many and how many watts can be mailed but yes as long as you are under those limits then you can mail them - thanks for keeping me honest!

Thanks in advance.
Well, why dont you just wait for the green lights to go out..that means the battery is fully charged..

Update: I received my new charger from Autel and all 3 of my batteries are now charging as expected (e.g., none of them stop charging/blinking after 2 minutes) - I didn't fully charge my batteries using the new charger but I was able to charge them all to ~75% before stopping the charge (I was running out of daylight and wanted to do a quick test flight).

Anyway if there are any other issues I'll report out but just wanted to say thanks to Autel for the awesome customer support!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky