Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 Pro Or Mavic 2 Pro I Can Only Choose One!

Really hate the back and forth about my drone is better than your drone arguments.
The best drone is the one you use to get the job done. Period.
I have loads of DJI drones, never went for the M2 line. Hassleblad video is soft. Saw that right out of the gate. DJI said is wasn't, and that is far from the truth.(Pro model) Fanbois defended it right away. When you can't see reality when it is all over youtube, there is something wrong. When the first videos came out from the 8k Evo II, I was NOT impressed. They were soft, but it seems that Autel found the problem and fixed it. Autel Evo I and now Evo II Pro has very, very sharp video, and no NFZ enforcement.
Sure, you can sharpen any video in post, but you can't gain something you don't have in the first place, only minimize the non-sharp. I didn't want to deal with that.
No, the Evo I and II do not fly near as silky smooth as DJI...not by a long shot in normal flying modes.
No, the EVO RC's are not the best, but adequate I guess. The built in OLED screen is great. The ergonomics are not so great.
Yes the flight time on the Evo II Pro is fantastic.

IMO does the Evo II Pro blow away the M2 Pro? No, but is it better? Yes, feature wise. There is plenty of room for both, and anyone who gives DJI competition WITHOUT NFZ enforcement and has an excellent camera gets my money. Lets see what DJI comes out with the M3 line. Don't know if spec wise it will be better than the Evo II Pro, but it will definetly still have DJI NFZ on it. Deal breaker for me, no matter how great it is.

Accurate post... I fly all these drones and you summed it up nicely. After getting used to the Autel remote-it’s super sensitive-it flys very nicely. It’s best to watch the screen more and not the drone As much in flight. The video is smooth but the bird itself is jerky.

I have the Mavic zoom, and the Evo 2 Pro. Batteries are a lot more affordable for the Mavic, and the range is awesome. Some used Mavics are a bargain. Just depends on what YOU want, and what your needs are.

I have the Mavic zoom, and the Evo 2 Pro. Batteries are a lot more affordable for the Mavic, and the range is awesome. Some used Mavics are a bargain. Just depends on what YOU want, and what your needs are.
It also comes down to if you want the nanny software checking your every move. Most do not want China to say if they can fly or not.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
It also comes down to if you want the nanny software checking your every move. Most do not want China to say if they can fly or not.
And the main thing, IMHO, video quality. Otherwise what's the point?

Reactions: Rubik3x
I think you need to start another threat on that one. I doubt if anyone would say yes.If they did, there was a reason their mother dropped them on their head as a child.

I think you need to start another threat on that one. I doubt if anyone would say yes.If they did, there was a reason their mother dropped them on their head as a child.
I am offended. I own and fly DJI drones all the time. Besides, the doctor told my mommy that I wouldn't have lasting damage from the fall.

• Haha
Reactions: MustangPhil
I'm finding that the EVO II Pro 6K camera has many adjustments, just like good DSLR or mirrorless cameras. That means you may not get the best out of the camera in certain situations with the Auto settings. You actually have to learn how to adjust the camera. (How many DSLR or mirrorless cameras have a Sharpness adjustment?)
Autel has also provided a lot of flight control settings that can smooth out the stick response. It's unfortunate that the out-of-the-box control settings are so abrupt but, as others have said, the camera gimbal does an excellent job of smoothing out the jerkiness.
I'm impatiently waiting for the smoke to clear so I can fly again.

With a couple "almost" fly aways with my M2P, the level 8 wind resistance of the E2P won me...

I started with a Mavic Mini (which in my opinion is a great little machine) but after I got my 107, I wanted to upgrade for business reasons. A few things swayed me towards the Evo2 Pro.

First, I use mine for video, and the Evo 2 Pro was recommended by a drone dealer who sells both. I watched lots of videos, and read reviews. I prefer the 1" Sony sensor over the DJI.

2. DJI Tech Support. Besides the Mini, I also use a Ronin S for work. Again, a great piece of gear..but the DJI Tech Support is terrible. Waiting forever on the phone for help or emailing...I never seem to get an answer. It's as though they don't understand the question. The last time I contacted them, each email response got further from the question asked. It seemed as though they weren't answering the same email. Perhaps it's an issue with translation from English to Chinese...but I've gotten far more help from forums than DJI. Even the official DJI forums aren't much better.

3. DJI Fencing. Some may not have a problem with it, but I have read far too many reports about the hassle of being able to fly even once one has gotten approval. I take this seriously, and don't need to jump through hoops to prove to DJI that I am doing what I should.

Yes, there's a learning curve from flying a sports car Mini to a truck like the Evo2. It's motions seem a bit exaggerated at first, but I've taken some time to make adjustments and practice in getting better with it. It's not a DJI and it won't act like one. I was frustrated a bit at first, but some time with the Evo has made a huge difference in my abilities with it.

I've also found that Auto Tech Support answers both emails and the phone. This to me is huge.

Have DJI MP since 2017, M2P since 2019, and since today EVO 2 Pro - different, nice. A lot of tests today - not yet decided on final modes and settings - tomorrow rain in the forecast so final thoughts will be next week ;)

Last edited:
Yes at 30 or 60 ft from the ground, but bring it in normal flight at 500 ft from the ground and you won't have the same bell sound and the same stability.
At 500 ft, you almost double the wind speed.
prop wind.JPG

Yes at 30 or 60 ft from the ground, but bring it in normal flight at 500 ft from the ground and you won't have the same bell sound and the same stability.
At 500 ft, you almost double the wind speed.
View attachment 8604

In the case of my video, UAVFORECAST had virtually identical wind speeds at ground level as 400 feet up which is our limit. You have to keep in mind this was all caused from a hurricane (Teddy). So, the winds at higher altitudes had been pushed to the ground which is what happens in Tropical storms and hurricanes. So, your wind speed profile most times is correct, its not nearly the same for Tropical systems. It might be like 1000-1500' down to the ground almost the same in a TS.

Did you see my Evo II Pro 6k vs. Tropical Storm video? That was a wind test.

After a long raining weeks, today finally I got the opportunity to try my E2P in the same route I used to fly my M2P. The performance was way better than my M2P. After almost 2.5 miles I took some videos from a lake and have enough time to fly to another lake for a total of 7 miles flight. I'm considering selling my M2P...

After a week with EVO 2 Pro and 4 years with MP and M2P I can share my subjective observations - I'll put them as + and - for the model in regards to the other
M2P to E2P:
+ A lot more refined, predictable and reliable product!
+ A lot fewer flares and props shadows in camera!
+ Faster, Faster, Faster!!! 52 km/h with sensors ON, 72 km/h sport mode, and he does it rapidly! + has a dedicated button for sport mode!!!
+ better ergonomy of remote!
+ 360 automatic pano!
+ smaller and lighter but this is not essential ;) :)
+ cheaper and available batteries
+ more silent - I can hear E2P from vast distances ;) :)
- batteries are swelling like hell - for one year 2-3 are gone - Hope Autel does it better ;) !
- all sorts of limitations in software :( - (Height, NFZ's, can't go more than 4 meters with weak GPS and sensors ON....)!
- No 4K 60 fps, HQ reduces the field of view :( !
- shorter flight times and distances!
- lack of OLED display in remote - cant fly without additional device :( !

I really hope Autel will fix most of the issues in SW ;) :)
P.S.
I marked important for me with !

The fact is today I sold out my M2P - now E2P is the only one - my precious ;) :)

Reactions: Ram
The Evo 2 Series is a new 2020 Drone and I think as long as Autel keep updating the firmware and the drone capabilities, it will be better than the M2P. That's my opinion. I've been flying with my M2P for a long time and having the E2P make me feel more confident against a fly away.

Yes and No, who knows?
My M2P made me almost 80 flights, most of the missions since July all perfect. Could the Evo have done the same with the same reliability?
Certainly, the M2p software (s) and firmware no longer need to be updated because it is so stable, but when is the Evo one which is still in its infancy and development successive.
In view of the feedback from the pilots, there is still work to be done.

In view of this observation, I am not yet ready to take the plunge to purchase an Evo 2.
And the Evo 1 gives me the same stability and flight reliability as the M2P, so for now that's more than enough for me.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves