Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 dual 640T V2 hand landing

M.Mims

Reaction score
Wanted to pass on while performing a hand land with collision avoidance off I got a surge in props after the unit fell into my hands with the throttle stick all the way down. After numerous attempts with the stick down it would not shut down the motors and went max power. Scared to release the unit I cycled one handed the RTH and pause buttons and thanks to the lanyard mounted controller I even tried to set max RTH to 25 feet. I saw on the screen after trying that “controller disconnected”. With 75% battery letting it die was not an option so I was able to release the battery. I then cycled the unit and checked all safety checks and restarted the drone without an issue. I know hand landing has it’s risks. To this point its been my go to to preserve props and dust in the motors. Ive done this with multiple drones since 2013 with no issues. I DON’T RECOMMEND WITH THE LATEST FIRMWARE VERSION!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jmason702
I currently am having a similar issue. My evo 2 pro 6k will not land manually AT ALL. It will land via the RTH button but that isnt exactly ideal. It will get about 2 feet from the ground and hover refusing to go any lower. When I attempted to hand land the motor would not shut down and would rev almost uncontrollably I guess try to compensate for me holding it. I cant seeem to find the cause of the issue, but it happened before the firmware update and after.

I haven't tried turning off the visual navigation censors so maybe that would help?

After the last update (last month) I haven’t had any issues with landings on a landing pad. I know some sensors will kick in if the drone senses irregularities. I regularly hand catch my MAVIC 3 but I’m scared to even attempt it with the Evo Dual. The thought of a fly away because of controller disconnect isn’t cool. I don’t want to test RTH not knowing the cause. Keep in mind my issue with landing was at night with the landing light on and the strobe off. That might have been the issue

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials