Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 1 controller shut down and near miss on RTH

jcommstudios

Reaction score
Website
jcommstudios.com
Curious if anyone else has experienced this. I have been flying the EVO 1 for a couple of years with the usual weird stuff happening but this was a first!
Went out and shot some video for a project I am working on. After shooting at another near by location with no problems I went back up for a different angle 200 yards away. As I was bringing the drone down, the controller shut down and an RTH was initiated. The launch location was about 10 feet from my vehicle. When it came back on its own it was about 10 feet off of the launch site. You can see the descent on the video. I damn near tried to catch it but figured I'd rather have fingers than the drone. Got super lucky and it grazed the side of my car with the rotors and landed. Only damage was it scratched my metal flake paint! Pic of the scratches below. I restarted and it flew fine no damage to the drone!

Attachments

• P1040189.JPG
    P1040189.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yes, luck, on the other hand, you will have to change your car. apparently the Evo doesn't like the color of your car.

• Haha
Reactions: jcommstudios
I make sure i'm at least 30' from large metal objects, since the on-board compass get's easily confused near them.
some buffing compound and it's all good

Reactions: jcommstudios
I make sure i'm at least 30' from large metal objects, since the on-board compass get's easily confused near them.
some buffing compound and it's all good
Yes I usually give myself some room as well. My concern was that the controller shut down on its own to initiate the RTH. I've had bad batteries, jello etc., which I can live with, but never had the controller shut down on its own!
Never a dull moment with the EVO. Shoots great video though!

^i dont understand why it doesn't have legit onboard GPS for $2k... it should be able to get back without the controller, but to the correct location and not land on a car

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d