Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Epson Moverio BT-300 and Starlink?

Wildseyed

Reaction score
So ivI' been considering getting a cheap FPV headset that can house my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a while now, but of course the only stuff you can find without going online is all stereo vr, which is not the same thing. Now I see this very DJI-heavy review of the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses, and it has given me food for thought.

There are several cheap android boards out there with HDMI output, and there are many direct-into-your-eye projector glasses that wont set you back $800. I think there is an affordable solution for this type of FPV display for Autel and other drones that use Androud devices as the primary display.

I contacted Autel a while back about those FPV's. They informed me that there is proprietary firmware in them that allows them to work with DJI.

Do you remember when I-phones were first released? They would ONLY work on the AT&T network. They (apple) did that because AT&T used (uses) the GSM network, which is the most universally used Codek in the world. However, as time passed, apple realized that they could multiply their sales of phones if they made phones for ALL networks - and the rest is history. The same thing happens with this type of product. Epson is catering to DJI because they are the largest seller of drones. However, in time, Epson will likely realize that they can increase their sales if they make the FPV's so that they can be more universally used. The drone market is actually quite young. As time passes, standards will be set, protocols will be adopted, video formats will become more standardized, etc., and you will see FPV's for all types of drones, rather than just for the manufacturer who sells the most drones.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy