Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Eclipse video

goferfan

Reaction score
The ground from 300 feet up at the end of totality during the solar eclipse (8/21/17) north of Sedalia, MO

(shorter video, coolest part)

(full video

Last edited:
Reactions: Delta Blue
Very nice Missourian.... ;)

I had planned to do the same thing. I am 90 miles North of KC. We had solid cloud cover so I didn't even launch. My Nephew lives at Lathrop Missouri which was right in the path. He was clouded in too....

It didn't get dark enough here for the security light to come on and only lasted a few minutes from start to finish. My farm dog didn't like it. He followed me around and kept looking at me like something was wrong. :)

I
Very nice Missourian.... ;)

I had planned to do the same thing. I am 90 miles North of KC. We had solid cloud cover so I didn't even launch. My Nephew lives at Lathrop Missouri which was right in the path. He was clouded in too....

It didn't get dark enough here for the security light to come on and only lasted a few minutes from start to finish. My farm dog didn't like it. He followed me around and kept looking at me like something was wrong. :)

I'm actually from Northern Minnesota.. My mother (from Southern MN), my nephew (Des Moines IA) and I drove down to Cameron (probably not far from you?) to see it. Was raining and cloudy there and looked like it was going to be for awhile so we made an educated guess, hopped in the car and headed southeast to Marshall. When we got there we saw some blue sky to the south and hightailed it toward Sedalia. Found a nice viewing spot about 15 minutes before totality. Sorry you didn't get to see it.. Start looking ahead to the next one in 2024!

I

I'm actually from Northern Minnesota.. My mother (from Southern MN), my nephew (Des Moines IA) and I drove down to Cameron (probably not far from you?) to see it. Was raining and cloudy there and looked like it was going to be for awhile so we made an educated guess, hopped in the car and headed southeast to Marshall. When we got there we saw some blue sky to the south and hightailed it toward Sedalia. Found a nice viewing spot about 15 minutes before totality. Sorry you didn't get to see it.. Start looking ahead to the next one in 2024!

Cool!!!! So you were one of those autos clogging up I-35 Southbound early that morning?? ;)

Cameron is about 40 miles South of me.

Glad it worked out for you. I think there were hundreds, if not thousands of people that made the trip and saw nothing.

Thanks again for posting the video!!!! Nice work!!!!

Cool!!!! So you were one of those autos clogging up I-35 Southbound early that morning?? ;)

Cameron is about 40 miles South of me.

Glad it worked out for you. I think there were hundreds, if not thousands of people that made the trip and saw nothing.

Thanks again for posting the video!!!! Nice work!!!!

We sure were! Actually got there pretty early before the traffic got bad. And thank you.. Not my best drone video work (was too busy gawking at the sun) but I'm glad I caught it anyway!

We sure were! Actually got there pretty early before the traffic got bad. And thank you.. Not my best drone video work (was too busy gawking at the sun) but I'm glad I caught it anyway!

I'm glad you did too!!!

I did something similar in Independence...
Very nice!! Did you lock the exposure while it was still light to capture how dark it really got? My autoexposure compensated for the dark and it didn't look as dark in my video as it really got. Didn't even think about that in the rush to get everything set up...

Glad you got to see it. We were planning on watching from north of KC but ended up driving a ways east because it didn't look like it was going to clear up where we were.

Reactions: Delta Blue
Very nice!! Did you lock the exposure while it was still light to capture how dark it really got? My autoexposure compensated for the dark and it didn't look as dark in my video as it really got. Didn't even think about that in the rush to get everything set up...

Glad you got to see it. We were planning on watching from north of KC but ended up driving a ways east because it didn't look like it was going to clear up where we were.
Thanks. I kept the camera on auto the whole time and didn't lock anything. When some people around me started saying "it's in totality" I just glanced up at it for a few seconds...just a big black hole in front of the sun perfectly covering it...pretty cool...something I will never see again in my lifetime.

Reactions: goferfan

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy