Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone communication

krutenko.vlad

Reaction score
I don't own an Autel drone, but I have some questions to which I guess only owners can answer. I've seen on the official website, that EVO operates on 2.4 GHz frequency, but what technology it uses for communication? Is it Wi-Fi or some radio signal? In the first case, who is the access point, the drone or the controller? Is there WEP/WPA/WPA2 or some other protection to the network? In the second case, what radio protocol is used?
I didn't find this info on the official website and user manual, so I hope to get an answer here.

Autel uses a propietary modified wifi system. The drone only connects to the controller that it's paired with, just like other manufacturer who uses Lightbridge or Ocusync technology. What it's called and how exacly it works, sadly I do not know.

You won't find any info, since it's most likely a company secret.

These guys are responsive.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding our products, contact us by: • Telephone: (844) 692-8835 (U.S.A.)
• Email: [email protected]
• In person: Local distributors or agents

I think it is 2.4 Ghz WIFI.

Autel uses a propietary modified wifi system. The drone only connects to the controller that it's paired with, just like other manufacturer who uses Lightbridge or Ocusync technology. What it's called and how exacly it works, sadly I do not know.

You won't find any info, since it's most likely a company secret.
Does it have a basic Wi-Fi mode like the other manufacturer you mentioned?

Does it have a basic Wi-Fi mode like the other manufacturer you mentioned?
None that I am aware of.

In DJI's case older models like Phantom 3 Standars, Spark, or Mavic Air have a basic wifi protocol system. More expensive drones like Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire, Matrice use the Lightbridge or Ocusync.

In Parrot's case, they also use traditional wifi tecnology. I don't own one, but have seen people experiment with their signal.

Don't have any experience with other drone manufacturers.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller